If you have excess weight along jaw line, it looks as double chin. In some people double chins are genetic but in most of the cases it is due to excess weight and you can eliminate it with exercises. Try below given exercises:
1. The Neck Roll
The neck roll not only tones and stretches the muscles of your jaw, throat and neck, but also releases tension from your shoulders and can ease neck and shoulder pain. Follow these steps to perform the neck roll as a double-chin exercise:
- Stand or sit with an erect spine.
- While inhaling, gently turn your head to one side until your chin touches your shoulder. You should be looking to one side.
- While exhaling, slowly roll your head downward until your chin is resting on your chest.
- Remember to keep your spine erect and your shoulders squared.
- While inhaling, gently lift your head back up until your chin touches the other shoulder. You should be looking to the other side.
- Repeat the full neck roll 5 to 10 times.
2. The Chin Lift
The chin lift stretches and tones the muscles of the jaw, neck and throat. To perform the chin lift, follow these simple steps:
- Stand or sit with your spine erect.
- Tilt your head back until you are looking toward the ceiling.
- Pucker your lips tightly, as if you wanted to kiss the ceiling.
- Try not to engage any other facial muscles while doing this exercise; just use your lips. Hold your lips in a puckered position for a five-count, then release.
Repeat the exercise 5 to 10 times in a row.
3. Neck stretch
Stand straight and pull your chin. Try to stretch your neck muscles as much as possible. Keep it stretched for 30 seconds and then release. Let the muscle relax for 1 minutes and then again stretch.
Repeat this exercise 5 to 10 times everyday.
4. The Jaw Release
The jaw release exercise tones and stretches the muscles of your face. Perform the jaw release exercise as follows:
- Sit or stand with an erect spine.
- Inhale deeply through the nose; exhale slowly, while humming with your lips pressed tightly together. While you are inhaling and exhaling, move your jaw as if you were chewing.
- When you finish your exhale, open your mouth up as wide as you can. Inhale, and exhale from your open mouth with an audible “ahh” sound. Rest the tip of your tongue gently against the backs of your lower teeth to help the jaw relax.
- Repeat both steps of this exercise 5 to 10 times.
You might find this article interesting Double Chin, Top Home Remedies To Get Rid Of It