We all know skin lightening benefits of lemon, it has natural bleaching properties. but very few knows that you can use lemon for lips and hair too. Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice on the affected area before going to sleep and rinse with water in the morning. Use this simple remedy for 1 month or until the results are visible.
- Take a fresh lemon slice and sprinkle sugar on it. Rub the affected area with the sugar coated lemon. Use this remedy daily.
- Take a ½ teaspoon each of lemon juice, honey and glycerin. Mix them in a bowl and apply on the affected area before going to sleep. Rinse with water in the morning.
Note – DO not use lemon juice on the chapped and dry lips as it may cause irritation and pain.
A natural scrub to get rid of dead skin from lips. The main cause of black lips is presence of dead skin, just remove it and you can see pink lips. All you need to do is mix granulated sugar (3 tbsp) and butter (2 tbsp). Gently exfoliate your lips with this scrub. Use this remedy once in a week.
- Alternatively, make a mixture of granulated sugar (1 tbsp), honey (1 tbsp), and almond oil (½ tbsp). Scrub this mixture on your lips. This makes your lips softer and lighter.
- Or else, use granulated sugar with cold cream. Scrub with it to get pink lips.
Honey is an amazing natural remedy for lips. It has many beauty ingredients which moisten your lips and make them light. Apply pure honey on your lips before going to sleep. Rinse it off with the lukewarm water in the morning.
- Mix honey and almond oil (1 tablespoon each) and rub it on your lips. Rinse it off after half an hour. Repeat this remedy thrice a day.
4. Gram Flour
Make a mixture by combining ½ tbsp each of gram flour, honey and yogurt. Apply this mixture on your lips and wash it off with warm water after half an hour. Practice this on a regular basis to get the desired results.
Beetroot has natural bleaching properties. Take a piece of beetroot and scrub it on your lips for 5 minutes. Leave until your skin soaks all the juice.
- Or else, mix equal amount of beetroot juice and carrot juice or tomato juice. Apply it on the lips. Rinse it off with the lukewarm water after 10-15 minutes.
Rose has soothing and moisturizing properties, which help make your lips pink. Take some rosewater and honey. Mix them and apply on your lips. Leave it for 5-10 minutes. Use this remedy twice or thrice a day.
- Take 1 tablespoon of rose petals and 1 teaspoon each of butter, honey, and milk cream. Make a paste (add some water if needed) and scrub your lips with it. Let it stay for at least 5 minutes. Follow this remedy two times a week.
- Take a few rose petals and soak them in the raw milk for 1 hour. Grind them to make a paste. You can also add one-half tablespoon of honey and a pinch of saffron to it. Apply this paste on your lips and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
You might find this article interesting Top 5 Natural Remedies for Swollen Lips