Most dentists agree that it’s safe to use baking soda on teeth and it works like magic, fairly quickly. you can either make baking soda paste or add a pinch of baking soda to your toothpaste before brushing your teeth. To make baking soda paste add
- one-part of baking soda and
- one-part of water in a container
and then dip the toothbrush into the paste and brush for one-to-two minutes. Get whiter teeth using baking soda, brushing with it every other day or once a week and remember don’t forget to smile
2. Tasty strawberry toothpaste for tooth whitening
- Strawberry pulp: 1-2 teaspoons
- Toothbrush with soft bristles: 1
- Dip the bristles of your toothpaste in the strawberry pulp.
- Brush your teeth with this paste for about 3 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth.
- After that use a mouthwash.
- Floss your teeth, this is the last but one of the most important steps to take care of your pearly whites.
Try this home remedy once in a week for the best results.
3. Use real aloe vera pulp for rinsing your mouth
- Freshly extracted aloe vera leaf: 1
- Empty mason jar: 1
- Cut an aloe vera leaf from the base
- Keep it an upright position overnight, allow the slimy liquid to flow out.
- The next morning, wash it well, cut out the thorny edges.
- Slit the aloe vera leaf from the middle.
- Scoop out around 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Add it in a blender, blend it to a smooth, slimy liquid.
- Transfer the contents in a clean container.
- Heat it up in medium flame for 8 minutes.
- It will turn frothy, remove the froth.
- Let it cool down.
- Transfer the contents in a wide-mouthed mason jar.
- Mix this solution with purified water to make your own mouthwash at home, you can add some freshly crushed mint leaves just before using.
- Use this solution to rinse your mouth right after brushing your teeth at night.
- Do not swallow, spit it out.
- Floss your teeth afterwards.
For the best results, use it every day, this is completely safe and it can also be used by children.
4. Use hydrogen peroxide-baking soda paste to brush your teeth
- Hydrogen peroxide: 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda: 1 teaspoon
- Toothbrush: 1
- Take a container and hydrogen peroxide and baking soda in it.
- Add a little water, mix everything well to make a paste.
- Dip the bristles of your toothbrush in this paste.
- Brush your teeth with it for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water.
- Use mouthwash and floss afterwards.
- Try it every day for a week and see the changes coming, however it may increase teeth the sensitivity and it is not at all suitable for people with sensitive teeth.
5. Use Epsom salt to whiten your teeth naturally
- Epsom salt: 1 teaspoon
- Purified water: 1 teaspoon
- Soft bristles toothbrush: 1
- Mix equal proportions of both the ingredients until the Epsom salt completely dissolves in water.
- At first, rinse your mouth with this solution.
- Then brush your teeth for 2 minutes
- Rinse off with tepid water.
- Floss your teeth afterwards.
- Try this home remedy just once in a week and you won’t be disappointed with the results.
6. Use Strawberries with baking soda to whiten teeth naturally and clear off any stains
- Strawberries: a couple of them
- Baking soda: 1 tsp
- Children’s toothbrush: 1 of it
- First of all, take a couple of fresh strawberries and then mash them using a fork or something to obtain their pulpy paste.
- After that, add in the baking soda to the strawberry pulp and mix the two together thoroughly.
- Then, use the small toothbrush to brush the mixture onto your teeth for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- After that, rinse your mouth well.
- Lastly, finish with flossing your teeth to remove any particles which may have been stuck between your teeth and you are done!
You should use this remedy only once in a while to whiten your teeth because of everyday use of this remedy can erode the teeth.
Strawberries contain a compound in them called malic acid. This acid is effective in cleansing the teeth from any stains formed due to coffee, wine, tea, etc. Baking soda also helps in this property. Use of children’s or a small toothbrush is required for this one because they can get in between and around the teeth better.
(7) Use the ancient technique of Oil Pulling to whiten your teeth
- Coconut oil: 1 tbsp
- First of all, take a tbsp of coconut oil into your mouth.
- After that, swish and swirl it all around your teeth and mouth.
- Perform this step for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lastly, spit it out and rinse and you are done!
This is a safe practice which has been followed for many years so you can perform it regularly to whiten and brighten your teeth.
As stated, this is an ancient Indian practice used to maintain oral hygiene and keep any dental and oral issues at bay. You can also utilize other oils for performing this remedy. Sesame and sunflower oil are a couple of good options which you can go for if you wish. Although coconut oil works great too, it has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which work well in the mouth. Regular oil pulling has been linked with an improvement in general oral hygiene.
(8) Make your own turmeric powder paste
- Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
- Water: as needed
- Soft-bristled toothbrush: 1 of it
- First of all, take a tsp of turmeric powder in a small container.
- After that, add in a little bit of water and mix it in well. You should be able to obtain the consistency of a paste.
- Then, use the soft brush to brush your teeth with this paste for a couple of minutes.
- Lastly, rinse it out and then finish by brushing with your normal toothpaste and you are done!
Turmeric is great for your teeth if used once in a while as it can also stain, so use it once a week just to be safe.
Turmeric powder works as an exfoliator to remove any staining on the teeth and revealing the white surface hidden below. Moreover, it has significant antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties so it goes along great with oral hygiene routines.