It sounds scary, isn’t it? But its a painful process and known to be one of the best treatment if you want to get younger looking skin.
How does it work?
Cosmetic electrotherapy or electric facial is a range of beauty treatments using low electric currents passed through the skin to produce therapeutic effects, through toning of facial muscles and micro-lifting of the face.
Types of electric facial
This treatment makes use of two probes — one with a positive charge and the other with a negative charge. The positive charge is done using acid-based serums which helps tighten the skin pores and also reduce inflammation. On the other hand, the negative charge is often used with alkaline serums which aids in increasing the blood flow and stimulating the facial nerves.
Involves use of electric pulses that gently tones, tightens and rejuvenates your sagging facial skin. It is also used to decrease the pore size on your skin. The pulses help build up the muscles of the face and increase the blood supply. This helps contour your face better, making it smooth with fewer wrinkles.
This is a popular non-surgical face lift. It helps firm facial contours and smoothes the skin. This therapy is done as a course of treatment unlike the others, so you basically need 10-12 treatments in all ranging from two to three weeks. After you are done with the course of treatment, you can always visit once a month for maintenance.
Benefits of electric facial
– Corrects and balances your skin.
– Prevents skin from developing age lines and wrinkles.
– Stimulates regeneration of skin cells.
– Relaxes and uplifts facial muscles.
– Helps maintain a healthy and youthful glow.
Side effects of electric facial
If you’ve had a nerve injury on your face or neck, it may get damaged again.
– Your face may feel bit of a burning sensation. But if it continues for a long time, you must see a dermatologist.
– It can damage a sensitive nerve on your face or neck. Thus always visit a proper salon that has a designated person doing this facial.
Precautions to be taken before getting an electric facial done
- If you have steel braces, then kindly consult your dentist as well as your technician ahead of time.
- Ask trusted personnel to do this treatment for you, because if the technician fails to handle the machine properly, you will face disastrous outcomes.
- Stay away from such skin treatments if you are an expecting mother.
- If you rely on a pacemaker then this treatment is not suitable for you.
- If you are scared of electric shocks, then do not try this treatment as you may come across a severe anxiety attack.
- If you have some skin infection going on or if your skin is broken then wait for your skin to heal fast and then try out this facial treatment.
- Reconsider this treatment if you have extremely sensitive skin. Get your skin tested to find out if this skin treatment is suitable for you.
You might find this article interesting Kiwi Benefits For Skin, Hair And Health