Essential oils for puffy eyes
Puffy eyes always leave you embarrassed or dull looking for an early morning meeting or a late night date. Puffy eyes can be caused by many ways, its major reason being lack of sleep of being sleep deprived. Other reasons for puffy eyes could include period, too much crying or wearing your contact lenses for the long duration of the period. Puffy eyes make even your most beautiful smile look dull. There are various ways by which you can eliminate puffy eyes. The usages of essential oils are considered as the most vital and effective method to decrease the dark circles under your eyes and decrease the swelling.
1.Lavender essential oil for puffy eyes
Lavender is a great ingredient for your hair and body. It has many added benefits and helps to rejuvenate the skin and increase the growth of hair. It is also known as a stress reliever. Lavender essential oil boasts of a sedative effect which helps to calm the body and mind. Lavender is known for its antioxidants properties. It helps in the process of slowing down the ageing of the skin, thus giving you a youthful look. Lavender essential oil removes the puffiness of the eyes by draining the puffiness causing fluids from under the eyes.
Ingredients required for lavender essential oil to decrease puffy eyes:
- 18 – 20 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
The preparation process for lavender essential oil:
- To a container, add about 18 – 20 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Add 10 drops of almond oil to the container.
- Stir the oils slowly.
- Add a tablespoon of beeswax to the above essential oils.
- Mix the serum well.
- Use a cotton to apply this oil to the affected areas of your eyes.
- Leave the oil overnight.
- Rinse off your face with cold water the next morning.
- Repeat this process daily, to get better results.
- Apply this oil preferably in the evening.
2. Cypress essential oil for help remove puffy eyes
Cypress essential oil has a special property which helps it to remove the puffs from under our eyes and eradicates the dark circles thus radiating the beauty of your eyes. It also helps to reduce the fine lines under the eyes and wrinkles. Due to the accumulation of fluids under the eyes, puffiness is caused. Cypress essential oil has anti-oedema properties which help it to easily remove the fluids from under the eyes.
Ingredients required for cypress essential oil:
- 2 -3 drops of cypress essential oil
- Half a teaspoon of shea butter
The preparation process for cypress essential oil:
- In a bowl, add half a teaspoon of shea butter.
- To the above butter, add 2 drops of cypress essential oil.
- Stir the mixture well.
- Dab a cotton in the mixture and apply it in the affected area under your eyes.
- Leave the oil overnight.
- Rinse off your face with cold water the next day.
- Repeat this process thrice a week for better results.
3.Chamomile essential oil for puffy eyes
The German Chamomile is widely known for its soothing and calming effect just like lavender oil. Its high content of azulene makes it a vital ingredient for puffy eyes reduction. This oil also offers great anti-inflammatory property which helps to remove the dark circles from under the eyes.
Ingredients required for chamomile essential oil eye serum:
- 2 drops of German Chamomile oil
- 1 drop of Almond oil or coconut oil
The preparation process for chamomile essential oil:
- Add 2 drops of German Chamomile oil in a container.
- Pour a drop of almond oil or coconut oil to the above container.
- Shake the container.
- Dab a cotton ball in this oil mixture and apply it under the affected area under the eyes.
- Rub the area under your eyes in a circular motion.
- Rinse off your face with cold water after sometime.
- For best results, apply this essential oil as frequently as required.
4.Rosemary essential oil for removing puffiness of the eyes
Rosemary essential oil is widely known for its health benefits. It acts as a soothing and calming agent and is widely used as a hair and skin remedy. It helps to rejuvenate the skin and improves the growth of hair by increasing the growth of hair follicles. It helps to provide a glow and radiance to your skin.
Ingredients required for rosemary essential oil for puffy eyes:
- 10 drops of Rosemary essential oil
- 4-5 capsules of Vitamin E or 10 drops of vitamin E
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil
- 10 – 12 drops of Jojoba oil
The preparation process for rosemary essential oil:
- To a container add 10 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Break open 4 -5 capsules of vitamin E and pour the contents in the container. If you aren’t using capsules then simply add 10 drops of Vitamin E to the above mixture.
- Add a tablespoon of almond oil followed by the addition of 10 drops of Jojoba oil.
- Stir the container and mix the above oil mixture well.
- Dab a cotton in the above mixture and apply it under your eyes on the affected area.
- Gently massage the area in circular motion.
- Leave the oil on for about 10 -15 minutes.
- Rinse off your face with cold water.
- Use a mild soap if needed, pat dry.
5.Geranium essential oil for puffy eyes
Geranium oil helps to remove the wrinkles from the skin and tightens the skin. It also eradicates the puffiness and dark circles from under the eyes thus giving you a beautiful pair of eyes. Geranium essential oil is also widely known for its anti-ageing properties which help to slow down the ageing process of the skin, thus giving you a radiant and youthful skin. It removes the dead skin cells from your skin and helps in the addition of new skin cells thus beautifying your skin.
Ingredients required to prepare Geranium Essential oil for puffy eyes:
- 2 -3 drops of geranium essential oil
- Half a teaspoon of freshly cut Aloe Vera juice or gel
The preparation process for Geranium essential oil eye serum:
- To a container add about 2 drops of geranium essential oil.
- Add half a teaspoon of freshly cut Aloe Vera juice or gel to the above oil.
- Stir well.
- Mix the mixture well to prepare a smooth eye serum.
- Dab a cotton ball in the serum and apply it under your eyes on the affected area.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes or so.
- Rinse off your face with cold water.
- For best results, repeat this process as frequently as needed.
Puffiness of the eyes can really make you look dull. It is seen as a sign of a tired self and even though your body might be bursting with energy, your face might look like you are tired beyond measure. The above essential oils not only help to remove the puffiness and swollen eyes but also improve the skin tone and texture. They add a glow to the skin along with radiance. They are known as great antioxidants and also have good anti-aging properties thus leaving your skin youthful.
You might find this article interesting How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles With Natural Remedies At Home