If you have excess weight along jaw line, it looks like a double chin. In some people double chins are genetic but in most of the cases it is due to excess weight and you can eliminate it with exercises. Try below given exercises:
1. The Chin Lift
The chin lift stretches and tones the muscles of the jaw, neck, and throat. To perform the chin lift, follow these simple steps:
- Stand or sit with your spine erect.
- Tilt your head back until you are looking toward the ceiling.
- Pucker your lips tightly, as if you wanted to kiss the ceiling.
- Try not to engage any other facial muscles while doing this exercise; just use your lips. Hold your lips in a puckered position for a five-count, then release.
- Repeat the exercise 5 to 10 times in a row.
2. The Neck Roll
The neck roll not only tones and stretches the muscles of your jaw, throat, and neck, but also releases tension from your shoulders and can ease neck and shoulder pain. Follow these steps to perform the neck roll as a double-chin exercise:
- Stand or sit with an erect spine.
- While inhaling, gently turn your head to one side until your chin touches your shoulder. You should be looking at one side.
- While exhaling, slowly roll your head downward until your chin is resting on your chest. Remember to keep your spine erect and your shoulders squared.
- While inhaling, gently lift your head back up until your chin touches the other shoulder. You should be looking at the other side.
- Repeat the full neck roll 5 to 10 times.
3. The Jaw Release
The jaw release exercise tones and stretches the muscles of your face. Perform the jaw release exercise as follows:
- Sit or stand with an erect spine.
- Inhale deeply through the nose; exhale slowly, while humming with your lips pressed tightly together. While you are inhaling and exhaling, move your jaw as if you were chewing.
- When you finish your exhale, open your mouth up as wide as you can. Inhale, and exhale from your open mouth with an audible “ahh” sound. Rest the tip of your tongue gently against the backs of your lower teeth to help the jaw relax.
- Repeat both steps of this exercise 5 to 10 times.
4. Platysma Exercise
The platysma is the big muscle that runs from your jawline to your shoulder. Exercising it helps keep your chin and throat firm. To strengthen and tone the platysma, follow these steps.
- Sit or stand with an erect spine.
- Pull your lips back against your teeth, and turn the corners of your mouth downward.
- Open your mouth slightly, and activate the muscles of your jaw. Keep your lips pressed firmly against your teeth and the corners of your mouth turned down. The tendons on your neck should stand out.
- Wiggle your lower jaw up and down 5 to 10 times.
- Repeat this exercise 5 to 10 times to tone your platysma.
5. Ball Exercise
In this exercise, we will utilize a ball to exercise our neck muscles to burn fat from there and diminish the double chin. Follow the steps given below to learn how to perform this exercise:
- First of all, hold a 9 or 10 inch ball under your chin
- After that, push your chin down against the ball
- That completes the exercise, repeat this exercise about 25 times daily to give your neck a nice workout to get rid of that double chin soon.
6. Bottom Jaw Jut
This one is a simple exercise but it is quite effective in working out the neck muscles to burn excess fat stored there. No equipment or prop is needed for this one unline the last. Follow the upcoming steps to learn how to perform this exercise:
- First of all, sit or stand with an erect spine.
- After that, tilt-up your head so that you are looking at the ceiling.
- Then, turn your head towards your right side.
- After that, extend your bottom jaw outwards to stick it out.
- Lastly, hold your jaw in that pose for about 5-10 seconds before releasing it and returning to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise but this time for the other side.
7. The Scoop
This exercise betrays itself with the name. Yes, you have to make scooping motions, with your jaw nonetheless for exercising it. Obey the following instructions to learn how to perform this exercise correctly.
- First of all, open up your mouth and cover your lower teeth by wrapping your lower lip over them.
- After that, move your jaw along with your head in a motion like you are scooping something up. Close your mouth while you are lifting up your head for scooping.
- Finally, that is the whole motion, repeat this exercise 5 to 7 times to give your neck muscles a nice workout. Keep the corner of your lips fully relaxed while doing this exercise.
8. Laying Lifts
This exercise is a bit different than the other ones detailed here. You can perform this one in your bedroom, on your bed. In fact, you need a bed for this exercise. Follow the upcoming steps to learn how to perform this exercise safely and correctly:
- First of all, lay down on a bed on your back and your head should be hanging off an edge of the bed.
- After that, keep your back and shoulder pressed on the bed and lift up your head in the direction of your chest.
- Then, hold your head in this pose for about 10 seconds.
- Finally, just return your head to the starting position gently and you have completed one rep of this exercise. Perform this one 2 or 3 times to get a nice neck exercise right on your bed.
You must be confused as to how smiling is an exercise but it certainly is. It exercises the facial muscles and helps tone the face along with the neck to make you look more beautiful. So, you just have to smile to perform this exercise which you must know already, still, the instructions are following:
- First of all, move your mouth into a smile in slow deliberate motion and stretch it out as much as you can.
- That is about it. Repeat this exercise at least 10 times daily to give your face and neck a nice exercise and burn off your neck fat.
You might find this article interesting Oatmeal Bath – 10 Ultimate Ways To Relax Your Skin