Pimples are a very common problem among teenagers. Acne problems are at peak during teenage, because the levels of hormones (known as androgens) increase at puberty. These hormones cause an increase in the size of the sebaceous glands and the amount of oil they produce. You cannot get rid of it once and for all, but yes you can surely keep it under check and prevent the recurrence of acne and pimples. We would highly recommend a patch test beforehand so that you can find out if you are allergic to any ingredient that we have mentioned in any of the homemade face pack recipes mentioned below.
Some tips suggested by experts are given below:
- Clean your skin with a gentle cleanser each night before bedtime. Look for cleansing products with gentle exfoliants like sea salt which help loosen the blackheads. Cleansers containing salicylic, alpha hydroxy or lactic acid help in dissolving dirt and oil, thus unclogging the pores.
- Taking a supplement of vitamin A or zinc, under the guidance of your physician, is a good idea to help control the sebum production and lessen blackheads.
- It is essential to follow a good skincare routine (irrespective of age) including cleansing and moisturizing and the use of a good sunscreen daily. Eat a healthy and balanced diet and follow a good exercise routine, drink adequate water and find time for rest and relaxation as well.
- Use sunscreen religiously, twice a day, irrespective of the season or whether you’re indoors or outdoors.
- Keep your skin clean, by rinsing your face more often with cold water. But do not use a rough towel to dry the face.
- Do not use anything harsh on the skin. That includes scrubs with harsh and coarse granules. Consult a dermatologist before trying new products if you have severe acne. It’s best to avoid over the counter products without proper guidance.
- Be careful of squeezing blackheads or pimples – don’t do it yourself at any cost. Also, do not wax hair from areas like face, chest and back if you have pimple-prone skin.
- You can use French Green clay to dry pimples. To make your customized face pack, grab a mixing bowl, add green french clay and some water in it to make a paste. Alternatively, you can also add yogurt or honey to make the face pack depending on your skin type. Use it after cleansing your face and gently scrub it off after a while. Follow up with atoner and a moisturizer to get the best result.
- Less is more when it comes to make-up and skincare. Do not apply too much makeup when you have breakouts going on as it will clog your pores leading to more breakouts. I would rather suggest you indulge in an intense skin care regime that will help to cure breakouts. Always lookout for products that are non-comedogenic and never ever hit the bed with your make-up on.
- Do not scrub abrasively if you have sensitive skin or else it will break you out. Use a gentle scrub that too not more than once in a week to get rid of blackheads and dead skin cells from your face. Dead skin cells clog your skin pores and lead to pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads and give you an uneven textured skin. Use a scrub that contains salicylic acid that will gently help you to get rid of dead skin cells without rubbing too hard.
- Never, I repeat never squeeze or pop a pimple. If you do so, you are pushing the infection further inside your skin to make matters worse for yourself. Let it dry up on its own, remember that you have to be very gentle with your skin, no pulling or tugging what so ever.
- Lemon and yogurt mixture can turn out to be your holy grail if you want clear skin. Add equal amounts of these ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix it well and your acne and pimple cleansing face mask is ready. Apply a generous amount of this face pack all over your face with an applicator. Wait until it dries up completely and then wash it off with running tap water. Wipe your face with a clean towel and then apply a toner and moisturizer to let your skin seep in all the goodness from this product.
- If you have extremely sensitive and acne-prone skin then try using this homemade face pack to get clear, blemish-free skin. All you have to do is make a smooth, lump-free face pack with chickpea flour and some lemon juice. Apply this pack all over your face with the help of a face pack applicator. Once it dries up completely, splash some running tap water on your face to wash it off. You can spritz on a hydrating facial mist and then apply some aloe vera gel on your face to get the best results.
- I am sure that you are aware of the fact that you become what you eat. Well then start eating healthy from now on. Gorge on a bowl of fruits for a healthy snacking option. If you want that natural pink flush of color from deep within without applying any makeup then start eating healthy from now on. Avoid oily, fast food and processed food items as much as you can, have more of green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits, lentils and so on. Keep your body hydrated all day long to look your best naturally, alternatively, you can also sip some detox water throughout the day to enjoy added health benefits. Follow these simple steps to look beautiful without applying any make-up on your face.
- If you want to stop those early signs of aging from showing up on your face, then start exercising for at least 90 minutes every day. Exercising and sweating helps to release the free radicals from your body naturally thus imparting a youthful hue on your cheeks naturally. The more you get rid of the free radicals, the better your skin looks. Make sure that you exercise daily or hit the gym or at least practice yoga at home every day positively to stay in shape. The more you exercise the better you look.
- Don’t touch your face every now and then. Many of us have this annoying habit of touching our skin every now and then without giving second thoughts on the matter. If you touch your face every now and then, then you are actually transferring germs to your delicate skin and will lead to a breakout. Make it a habit to wash your hands before touching your face. Even before you begin with your regular day and night time skincare regime, use a hand sanitizer to make sure that your hands are clean. The golden rule also applies before you apply your make up, also keep your make up applicators clean.
- If you want clear skin then you need not use too many expensive products, just use some basic ingredients like sandalwood powder and rose water. These two ingredients are extremely beneficial for sensitive and acne-prone skin. Make a face pack with these ingredients, make sure that you take both the ingredients in equal proportions. Cleanse your face with your regular face wash, use a skin toner and then spread this mixture evenly all over your face and neck. Once it dries up, wash it off with running tap water. Then, spritz on some steam distilled rose water on your face and then follow up with a gel if you have oily skin, if you have dry skin then use a creamy moisturizer afterwards.
- Stick to non-comedogenic products or oil-free products only. Non-comedogenic products won’t clog the open pores and prevent recurrent pimples and acne in the long-run. Always go through the list of ingredients before blindly purchasing any product. Also, see to it whether it suits your skin type or not and only then but the product to make sure that it does not harm your delicate skin.
You might find this article interesting How To Care For Hair