Many people tend to complain that their eyelashes do not grow long enough and also tend to break off very easily. However, there are natural oils which can help you to make your eyelashes grow faster.
How to Use an Eyelash Growth Serum
It is very important that you apply the eyelash growth serum carefully because yu will be applying it in the sensitive eye area. There are two simple ways using which you can apply the serum.
Using a Q- tip
Simply dip the Q- tip on a little bit of serum and apply on the eyelashes carefully.
You can use swiping motions to apply the serum. 3 to 4 stokes on the upper and lower lash lines will be sufficient.
Using a Mascara Wand
Although this method is far more convenient, you must do it carefully. For this, you need to have a clean mascara wand which you no longer use. Wash it very nicely using soap and then wipe it with anti septic liquid to remove any bacteria or residual mascara from the wand. Once it is dry, you can apply 4-5 drops of the serum on the wand using clean fingers. Then simply use the wand on your eyelashes like you would apply your mascara.
DIY Eyelash Growth Serum
- Mix 2 tablespoons of castor oil with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Add ½ teaspoon of sweet almond oil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil.
- Mix the oils well.
- Pour it into a small bottle.
- Apply this serum on your lashes using a q-tip or a mascara wand.
- You should use this serum at least 2 times a day.
- For long lasting and quick results, apply the serum once in the morning and once before going to bed at night. This will allow the oils to work for a greater time and will help in making the eyelashes grow faster.
How this helps:
Castor oil is an excellent ingredient for hair growth. It contains essential fats and mineral which help in stimulating the follicles and the skin underneath to promote the faster growth of hair. Vitamin E oil is very essential for hair growth since it nourishes the follicles from within. Vitamin E oil accelerates hair growth effectively. It also prevents the breaking off of the fine eyelash hair. Coconut oil is very beneficial for people who have sparse eyelash growth. If you want voluminous eyelashes with long eyelash hair then coconut oil will be very effective. Sweet almond oil helps in eliminating hair fall.
Other Oil Variants:
Apart from castor oil and vitamin E oil, you can replace the other oils with ones that you prefer. Some good options which you can use as well are:
- Olive oil
- Jojoba oil
- Flaxseed oil
- Pomegranate oil
- Argan oil
However, you must not use the following oils:
- Tea tree oil
- Citrus oil
- Essential oils
- While applying the eyelash growth serum, you have to make sure that you are consistent with the practice.
- Another very important thing is to make sure you remove your eye makeup completely before you apply the serum.
- These oils will also prevent infections and are not harmful at all.