A facial massage is a great way to pamper your skin once in a while. While opting for a facial treatment, always select the treatment that suits your skin type. It will relax your facial muscles, improve vell regeneration, increase blood circulation and rejuvenate your tired and dull skin from deep within. If you have sensitive skin, then do a patch test before trying out any product on your skin. Besides that, make it a point to not scrub your face abrasively as it will break out your sensitive skin. Be gentle with yourself while doing your facial at home.
First, let me tell you what material do you need before a facial massage, no matter what kind of facial massage that you opt for, these are some of the ingredients that you need to keep handy. I will also list down a DIY face pack recipe, a DIY scrub recipe, a DIY face cream recipe at the end of this article that is suitable for all skin types. However, if you have sensitive skin, then conduct a patch test in advance.
- A medium-sized bowl
- Makeup remover
- Face Scrub
- Massage Cream
- Face pack
- Eye cream
- Skin moisturizer
Now let us discuss steps to start a facial massage
- Remove the layer of makeup from the skin if you have applied.
- You can use any good facial cleanser or oil for this purpose (in my opinion virgin coconut oil is the best).
- Wash your face with cold water after this.
- Select a good quality cleanser and add a bit of it to your palm.
- Rub gently and apply all over the face.
- Do not put so much pressure when you are applying face cleanser.
- Now take your sponge, dip it in water and wipe off the cleanser.
- Once this is done, it’s time to do some facial scrubbing.
- Take generous amounts of the exfoliator and scrub your entire face.
- Pay special attention to the nose and chin area.
- If you do not want to spend a penny on scrub you can easily make it at home with all-natural ingredients from your kitchen.
Now your skin is ready for a good massage! Follow the steps listed down below:
- Once you are done with scrubbing, it’s time to use the massage cream.
- Take a dollop of your cream and place it in your palms.
- Now rub them together, so that the cream becomes a little warm.
- This makes the massaging very easy.
- Begin with the chin area and make your way up.
- When the cream has been spread all over the face, you can begin with the actual massage.
- Using both your hands, you should gently massage your face in an upward direction.
- It’s best to begin from the throat.
- Go to the area in the middle of your upper lip, massage and stretch down till your lips make a sad face.
- Once you are done with that, place your fingers near the nose area and massage your cheeks all the way to the ears.
- Now it’s time to massage your eyes.
- Keep your fingers around the eyes and stretch the corner of both your eyes in the upwards direction.
- Close both your eyelids with the thumb and relax for a few seconds.
- The cream must have been absorbed into the skin by now. Take a sponge and remove all the extra cream from your face.
Let us wrap it up
- Now that the massage is done, you need to seal in all the goodness!
- Take a suitable face pack, apply it on the face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Use cotton and apply the toner.
- Now take some eye cream on your fingertips and spread it all around the eye area.
- Massage well.
- Be careful while doing this.
- You don’t want to stretch your skin too much.
- Finally, take your moisturizer, dab it on your cheeks, forehead, and chin and apply well.
As promised earlier, I am going to list down some of the most effective face pack recipes here:
DIY Aloe vera face pack recipe
- Aloe vera gel: 1 tablespoon
- Sandalwood powder: 1 tablespoon
- Steam-distilled rose water: as much as required
- At first, you need to add aloe vera gel and sandalwood powder in a clean container.
- Mix it well.
- Then add enough rose water in the mixture to get a face pack with a smooth consistency.
- Your face pack is ready to use.
- Use this face pack twice a week and you are good to go.
DIY Almond face cream recipe
- Extra virgin coconut oil: 1/2 cup
- Shea butter: 1/2 cup
- Almond oil: 1/4 cup
- Lavender essential oil: 5-6 drops
- Take a pan, add shea butter and coconut oil in it.
- Use the double boiler to melt it.
- Allow it to cool down for a while.
- Add almond oil and essential oil in the mixture.
- Give it a good stir to ensure that the ingredients get infused into each other.
- Transfer the contents in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate it for some time and you are good to go.
- Use it while doing your facial, you can also use it every day as a normal moisturizer.
DIY Himalayan salt face scrub recipe
- Himalayan sea salt: 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil: 1/2 cup
- Dried crushed rose petals: 1/2 cup
- Rose essential oil: 5-6 drops
- Add all the ingredients in the specified quantities in a mixing bowl.
- Give it a good stir to make sure that everything that gets mixed up well.
- Transfer the contents in an airtight container.
- Make sure that your face is squeaky clean before uding this scrub.
- Dot your face with this scrub.
- Gently exfoliate your face in small circular strokes with a light hand.
- Use this scrub for a while and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry your face with a towel.
- Follow up with the face pack and the moisturizer to reap the maximum benefits from this scrub.
- Use it after cleansing your face to get the best results in the long-run.
You might find this article interesting Oatmeal Bath – 10 Ultimate Ways To Relax Your Skin