A lot of us apply make-up to cover up minor imperfections and blemishes on our skin, it gives a temporary solution to the problem but if you want flawless skin naturally then follow these simple skin care tips. Bear in mind that you have to be very consistent or else you may nor achieve the desired results.
Cleanse in small upward strokes with a light hand
- “When cleansing the face or applying serums and lotions, always massage it into the skin in an upward, circular motion,” says expert.
- “This allows active ingredients to quickly penetrate the skin’s surface and remove trapped oils, dirt, and bacteria.”
Apply makeup in a downward direction with a make-up applicator
- When it comes to makeup, however, the expert recommends applying it in a downward motion, so the makeup sits on top of the skin and won’t be lodged in the pores.
Remove your make up before hitting the bed
- It’s obvious but essential: “Never hit the sack without taking makeup off first,” expert advises.
- You can use cleansing wipes, they are a quick and easy way to remove makeup and dirt when you don’t have time (or energy) for your entire beauty routine.”
Exfoliation is the key
- As the temperature starts to rise, skin tends to be more oily.
- Exfoliating the skin helps to buff away the dead skin cells that build up on the skin’s surface, which can clog pores and cause blackheads and blemishes.
- Exfoliating the skin leaves it fresh and radiant.
Give your skin a break
- Once a week, spend a full 24 hours without makeup.
- “For those with sensitive or acne-prone skin, this provides a rest from fragrances, allergens, preservatives, and oils.”
Exercise every day
- If you want to look your best then you must exercise every day.
- Exercise for at least 90 minutes every day or play your favorite outdoor game to stay in proper shape.
- Exercising helps your body to release sweat and free radicals.
- Once these free radicals are out of your system, your skin will look better than ever before.
Eat healthy for healthy skin
- You literally become what you eat.
- If you want healthy, glowing and clear skin, then you need to give up on junk food and consume more healthy food.
- Consume a bowl of healthy fruits to make sure that your skin receives all the essential nutrients that it craves for.
- Snack a bowl of fresh fruits every now and then to get the best results.
- You need to have frits every day to get the best results.
Apply a sunscreen lotion every day
- I have stressed on this point a lot of times on the importance of using the right sunscreen lotion.
- After following your daily morning skincare regime, apply a thick layer of your sunscreen lotion on your exposed body parts.
- Even if you are not stepping outside your house, you must apply sunscreen lotion to look your best.
- To set your sunscreen lotion top it up with a thin coat of any translucent powder and you are good to go.
Use a gentle, exfoliating scrub at least once in a week to get clear skin
- If you want clear skin, then you must use a mild exfoliator at least once in a week.
- It is very important to clear out the clogged pores from your face if you want a clear skin naturally.
- Take a gentle exfoliating scrub on your palms, and exfoliate with a light hand in small circular strokes.
- Continue this process for a while and then rinse off with plain water.
- Pat dry your face with a towel.
- Then, follow up with a toner and a moisturizer to get the best results.
It is very important to use a face pack once in a while
- If you want to indulge yourself in an intense skin care regime, then make it a point to use a face pack once in a while.
- Face packs are basically concentrated concoctions of all the ingredients that are beneficial for your skin type.
- You should not use it every day, use it once a week or at twice a week to get the best results.
- Make it a point to use a face pack that is infused with all the ingredients that suit your skin type.
Use a sheet mask every week and shun the salon
- Sheet masks have been the talk of the town for a long time now.
- These sheet masks are soaked with concentrated serums.
- Serums have lighter formulations as compared to moisturizers and penetrate into the deeper layers of your skin.
- All you have to do is, buy any sheet mask of your choice.
- Keep it on your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Gently massage it in your skin for a while.
- You are good to go.
- This product hydrates and moisturizes your skin from deep within.
- To get the best results, use this face pack at night and hit the bed.
- Use it at least once in a week to get the best results.
Apply a sleeping mask to keep your skin plump and youthful
- Sleeping masks are a new concept that has hit the market.
- They are basically a concentration of your serum and night cream.
- If you do not like to invest in too many products, then invest in a good sleeping mask.
- Your skin repairs itself at night, and it is the best time to pamper your skin.
- Just apply a sleeping mask at night, and hit the bed.
- Use it every night to get the best results.
Use a day cream in tandem with a night cream for healthy skin
- I am sure you may have come across a lot of day creams and night creams by now.
- These creams must be used in tandem with each other.
- Day creams usually have a low SPF content, so even if you forget to apply your sunscreen, you still have a protective layer on your skin.
- Night creams are infused with anti-aging ingredients since your skin repairs itself at night, you must use it to wake up to beautiful skin every day.
You might find this article interesting How To Get Rid Of Blemishes