Amazing facts about garlic that generally we don’t know
Most of us use garlic to improve the taste of dishes but only a few know that this herb is very useful to improve our look also, as it contains essential nutrients.
1. Garlic has allicin, a sulfur compound that enables garlic to combat hair loss.
2. Garlic offers anti-fungal and antibiotic properties, along with high levels of zinc, calcium, sulfur, allicin, and selenium. It can easily treat itchy scalp, infections and excessive dandruff. Because of the presence of sulfur, it can easily treat dandruff. A clove of garlic is good enough to eliminate bacteria from the skin’s surface with its anti-fungal power. Similarly, the antioxidants in garlic cleanse clogged pores and reduce acne and blemishes.
3. Garlic is a great remedy for acne and pimples. It is packed with antioxidants and has significant antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. All these properties enable garlic to be a highly effective natural remedy to treat and combat acne, pimples and other issues of that nature.
4. Garlic’s anti-fungal nature protects and prevents nail infections. It can also be used to treat athlete’s foot which is yeast or fungus infection which attacks the feet. To treat that you can just soak your feet in garlic infused water or you can even rub the garlic directly onto your feet.
5. Garlic’s anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties make it quite an effective remedy for treating yeast infections on the skin and the body. It has been proven through studies that garlic extract contains compounds which can treat yeast infections and get rid of them very effectively. To utilize it for this purpose, just include garlic in your diet, do not apply it topically on your infected skin.
6. Premature skin aging can happen due to a variety of reasons like stress, unhealthy habits, inflammation, and more. Garlic can help avoid this as it contains S-allyl cysteine which shields the skin from external damage and stress which leads to the formation of wrinkles and fine lines prematurely. Garlic contains tons and tons of antioxidants which protect the skin and body from oxidative damage and consequently curb the risk of any premature wrinkles appearing.
7. Garlic is potently anti-inflammatory for the skin. Thus, it can be used to treat and help with a variety of skin diseases and disorders like eczema and psoriasis. S-allyl cysteine, which is a compound in garlic, suppresses the activity of compounds which leads to the harmful effects of these skin disorders.
8. Garlic is also terrific for the hair believe it or not. It has been observed to help with hair fall issues. It has been observed that regular consumption of garlic helps prevent and slow down hair loss.
9. Garlic is fantastic in preventing breakouts of allergies. It has been proven to possess significant allergy suppressing properties. There are compounds and enzymes in garlic which suppress the release of histamine which is what leads to allergies in the body.
10. Garlic also possesses some sun protective factor for the skin. It can shield and protect your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. The compounds in garlic help stimulate the immune cells in the body which then counteract the damaging effects which are supplied from the UV rays of the sun to the skin.
11. Garlic is actually known as a treatment for a specific type of scar called keloid scar. Garlic contains compounds in it which suppress and inhibit the growth of such scars and the supply of collagen to those areas.
12. Other than all this, Garlic contains tons and tons of other healthy and curative properties which are like a boon for the human body. It actually helps prevent a whole host of serious diseases, many of which are crippling and can even prove to be fatal. Like, Garlic is known to inhibit the growth of a variety of different types of cancer. Moreover, it is known to help with the brain and nervous system and prevention of serious neurological diseases. It helps the body out generally too, by improving its ability to perform various functions. It makes it easier to keep the body healthy and fit by giving a helping hand and eliminating a whole slew of worries.
How to use Garlic for better hair growth
Garlic, when used with a base oil such as olive oil, further helps in nourishing the hair and reduces hair fall. Olive oil increases blood circulation and immediately stimulates hair follicles for thicker growth. Hence, the mixture of both these ingredients is ideal for healthy hair. You could also try castor oil for better hair growth.
- Soak some garlic cloves in olive oil for a week or so.
- After a week, use this oil to massage the scalp thoroughly.
- Leave it overnight and wash with a mild shampoo.
- Do this at least once a week for desired results.
For dandruff, you can use mix Garlic cloves with honey in your shampoo and conditioner
- Crush some garlic cloves and accumulate its juice.
- Take a tablespoon of honey and add to your shampoo.
- Mix it with the garlic juice and apply it thoroughly on your scalp.
How to use Garlic for acne
- Take around 2-3 pods of garlic and crush these into fine bits.
- Mix this with some vinegar.
- Dab a cotton ball soaked into this mixture and apply over the affected area.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and wash well with cold water.
How to use Garlic for nails
- Churn out the juice from some crushed garlic cloves.
- Soak a cotton ball into this juice and rub against your cuticles.
- Do this twice a week for healthier nails.
- Alternatively, you could squeeze in some garlic juice into your hand cream or lotion and apply it all over your nails.
Use garlic to make nails stronger and for a cuticle treatment
- Take a minced garlic clove and rub it directly on your nails. Leave it overnight, do it every day for the best results.
- Take a q-tip, dip it in a lemon-garlic paste and apply it on your nails, keep it on for around 40 minutes, rinse off with cold water, follow up with cuticle oil for the best results.
You might find this article interesting How To Use Conditioner