Garlic for Hair
Hair fall has become a common dilemma for all age groups alike. Researchers have been putting their nights away in order to find a permanent cure to this problem. Hair loss is due to many reasons such as age, genetic problems, pollution, bad quality of water or even the quality of lifestyle.
Garlic has been used for cooking as a flavoring agent since decades. It has also been used in medicines mostly in Ayurveda. But its most astonishing use has been in hair fall treatment. This magic herb has the potential to not only curb down hair fall but also helps to rejuvenate hair growth. The oil extracted from garlic is used to fight skin, health and hair related problems.
1.Garlic Oil for Hair
Rubbing Garlic directly on the scalp can cause skin irritation. So it is advised to squeeze juice out of garlic and apply it directly on scalp.
This juice can be mixed with other ingredients to prepare an oil. This assortment of garlic oil can be massaged directly on the scalp in order to promote hair growth and eliminate hair fall.
Things required to prepare the oil:
- 1 Onion 7-8 cloves of peeled Garlic
- 1/2 cup Coconut /Olive Oil
Process to prepare the oil:
- Blend peeled garlic and onion together.
- Add this blended mixture to heated coconut/olive oil.
- Continue heating the oil till the mixture takes a brown texture.
- Allow the mixture to cool down.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
Method to apply oil:
- Take two tablespoons of the prepared oil and apply gently on your scalp. Massage your scalp gently in a circular motion.
- Let your hair strands soak the oil for a duration of about 15 minutes.
- Wash off the oil from your hair using mild shampoo.
Use this oil thrice a week.
Benefits of using garlic oil for hair:
1. Healthier hair
- Garlic oil helps to rejuvenate hair growth and makes it stronger.
- It improves the blood circulation thus improving hair growth.
- Garlic is rich in Sulphur which acts as the building block for Keratin
2. Fights dandruff
- It helps to remove dandruff from hair thus decreasing hair fall.
3. Prevents hair fall
- Garlic prevents breakage of hair thus fighting against hair loss and hair fall.
- Provides Vitamin E to the hair.
4.Improves blood circulation in the scalp
- Garlic is rich in Vitamins E, C, B1 and B2 which help to improve the quality of hair and add nutrients to it.
- These vitamins helps to improve the blood circulation in the scalp which promotes the growth of healthy and long hair.
5. Garlic prevents defective hair growth
- The vitamins present in garlic improve the quality of hair by adding extra nutrients thus enabling the growth of healthy and long hair.
2.Garlic Juice infused with Honey
Garlic and honey are the two most essential ingredients used widely for skin and hair related problems these days… The garlic juice can be extracted from the cloves of garlic using a garlic press. This juice rich in vitamins and other nutrients can be mixed along with honey to form a salve.
Garlic is not directly used to massage on the scalp as it causes skin irritation. Hence mix cloves of garlic with other ingredients to form either a gel or a paste.
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 8 cloves of peeled Garlic
Method to prepare the gel:
- Peel 8 cloves of garlic and extract its juice using a garlic press.
- Add one tablespoon of honey, to the one tablespoon of garlic juice extracted. Mix well.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp and leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off the mixture using a mild shampoo.
Use this mixture twice a week to get healthier hair.
3.Garlic Juice along with Coconut Oil
Garlic juice mixed along with coconut oil can work wonders on our hair .This wondrous mixture not only heals the damaged strands of hair but also rejuvenates it to the core thus enabling the growth of healthy hair.
Mix a tablespoon of freshly extracted garlic juice along with a tablespoon of coconut oil to prepare a mixture.
Things required to prepare the mixture:
- Half cup coconut oil
- 1 piece of ginger
- 8 cloves of peeled and fresh Garlic
Method involved in preparing the above mixture:
- Peel off the skin of freshly cut ginger and garlic. Prepare a fine pulp by blending them both in a blender.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan followed by adding the blended mixture to it.
- Turn off the heat when the mixture turns brown in texture.
- Strain the mixture and drain off the pulp after the mixture cools off.
Process of application:
- Apply two tablespoons of the above oil on your scalp gently .Massage the oil and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Let the hair strands soak in the oil .Allow the oil to sit for another 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the oil using a mild shampoo.
Apply this oil twice a week to obtain good results.
Eating raw cloves of garlic also helps to improve the quality of hair by providing nutrients to it from inside the body. Add garlic to your diet for a healthy looking skin and damage free hair.
Stay tuned at Glow pink for more beauty and health related updates!