If you want a perfect body, exercise is a must but sometimes it becomes very difficult to reserve 30 minutes daily for exercise. Today I am going to share a 4-minute Tabata exercise with you that can burn up to 13.5 calories or more per minute, depending on the level of intensity.
Benefits of this workout:
- Boosts the body’s metabolism throughout the entire day.
- It does not require huge investments in equipment and gym memberships.
- It gives fast results in less time.
- Facilitates full-body workout in a short amount of time.
How to do it?
What you will need to do is pick two or four exercises that will form a good routine, easily allowing you to transition from one to the next and back. The workout requires you to exercise for 20 seconds and then rest for 10 seconds. This needs to be done for a total of eight 20-second sets while taking continuous 10-second rest pauses in between. Or, you could work out intensely for 2 minutes and then take a break for 60 seconds and continue with your rigorous exercising for another 2 minutes.
For example, you could throw together the following exercises:
- Jumping Jacks
Exercises To Add To Your Workout Regimen:
Swimming is a fun activity, and at the same time, it can prove to be an extreme workout. It will allow you to enjoy the same benefits of cardio exercises while working your upper and lower body muscles. It’s best to have your own lane in the pool or a less crowded pool when you intend to pause over and over.
- You can combine whichever swim strokes you know and are comfortable with so that you can go hard at your workout without missing a beat.
- Perform at least 4 strokes for 20 seconds then repeat it to complete the 4-minute cycle.
2. Handstand Push-Up:
- To do this, lie flat on the floor and kick off the ground to rest the back of your legs against a wall, and support your upright position with your hands. Get a friend to help you get into position and help you stay steady.
- Once in position, lower your entire body by bending only your elbows while the rest of the body remains aligned.
- Work it till you are at least 2 inches lower. There’s no need to have your head reaching all the way to the floor.
- Do as many as you can, and as fast as you can in 20 seconds.
3. Jumping Jacks:
You don’t really need anything for this. They are quite simple but have a huge impact on the muscles.
- Stand in an upright position with your feet together and arms by your sides.
- Jump and take your legs apart at a comfortable distance while simultaneously raising your hands from your sides till they extend over your head and meet.
- Jump back to the original position.
- Do at least ten of these in a set of 20 seconds.
Push-ups are good to strengthen your upper body. They also work well for the torso muscles.
- Assume a plank position on the floor.
- Bring the hand up till the shoulders.
- Keeping your toes and hands firmly planted on the floor, push yourself upwards to lift the body as you exhale.
- Lower yourself and inhale simultaneously.
- Do 10 of these, but at a slower pace for best results.
5. Lunge Jumps:
Lunges target the lower body muscles, like the glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps. They are excellent for losing those calories and slimming down your thighs, hips, and butt.
- Start by bringing your right leg forward and bending into a lunge position, and at the same time bending your arms at the elbows.
- Propel yourself straight off the ground, reaching your arms over your head and stretching your legs while in the air.
- Switch legs and resume the lunge position as you land back down.
- Repeat the process again as quickly as possible in 20 seconds.
6. Mountain Climbers:
This exercise uses the upper arm strength and tones the muscles along the arms and shoulders. At the same time, your back and abdominal muscles get a good workout. The hips, knees, and quadriceps in the legs are also flexed to keep you steady with the movement of the exercise, thus providing a complete workout to the entire body.
- Bend forward till your hands reach the floor.
- Stand on your toes and extend one foot back and bring the other to your chest. (Your position should represent the starting position a sprinter would assume).
- Jump and switch your leg positions, making sure you land on your toes.
- Keep alternating till your 20 seconds are up.
- Perform every exercise twice, so that you get 2 sets each out of the eight. You can go through the entire workout, and then repeat it again to complete 8 sets.
Apart from these exercises, you need to follow a strict diet chart in order to maintain your shape. I have listed down a 7-day diet plan that you can follow in tandem with these exercises to get back in shape quickly:
- Have a green smoothie for breakfast, made with half a banana, half cup frozen mango, 1 cup of kale, half cup greek yogurt, a small avocado cut into two halves and half a cup of fat-free milk.
- Substitute your normal morning snack for an apple and 1 oz of nuts.
- For your afternoon snack or lunch, gorge on sugar snap seeds, a cup of baby carrots and 2 tablespoons of hummus.
- 4 oz of baked salmon, a cup of boiled carrots, a cup full of boiled broccoli with 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce and a teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- Start your day with a berry smoothie made from a cup of frozen strawberries, half a cup of no-fat milk, half a banana and half a cup of greek yogurt.
- For lunch, you can have 2 cups of any vegetable soup.
- To satisfy your food craving, have a cup of broccoli and cauliflower with 2 tablespoons tzatziki.
- And for the last meal of the day, have a cup of roasted brussel sprouts with a tablespoon of olive oil, 4 oz of grilled chicken with half a cup of roasted potatoes.
- Have a refreshing green smoothie made with a cup of kale, half a cup of frozen mango, half a small avocado, half a cup of no-fat milk, half a cup of greek yogurt, and half a banana.
- Follow up with a heavy lunch made from 3 oz of grilled chicken with half a cup of cooked quinoa, a cup of cherry tomatoes and cucumber with 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette and 2 tablespoons of feta cheese.
- Snack on a cup of baby carrots and sugar snap peas with 2 tablespoons hummus in the afternoon, post-lunch.
- For the last meal of the day, have 4 oz baked mahi-mahi with a cup of steamed carrots, and a cup steamed broccoli with 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce and a teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- For breakfast have blueberry-oats made with half a cup of overnight soaked oats with a tablespoon of chis seeds, half a cup of non-fat milk, half a cup of low-fat greek yogurt and half cup blueberries.
- Follow up with a small light-weight morning snack of 1 banana and 1 oz nuts.
- Skip the heavy lunch on the 4th day.
- Have an afternoon snack comprising of a cup of broccoli and cauliflower with 2 tablespoons tzatziki.
- Finish your last meal with a cup of roasted brussels sprouts mixed with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and 4 oz of grilled chicken with half a cup of roasted sweet potatoes.
- Repeat the same blueberry oats recipe that you had the day before for breakfast.
- Snack on an apple and 1 oz of nuts in the morning after a healthy and fulfilling breakfast.
- Skip your regular lunch.
- Have a cup of baby carrots with sugar snap peas topped with 2 tablespoons hummus as an afternoon snack.
- For dinner, have a light meal of 4 oz shrimp with 1 cup steamed carrots, 1 cup steamed broccoli to get along with it and half a cup of brown rice with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce a teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- Consume 2 hard-boiled eggs and 2 slices of whole-wheat toast with your favorite hot sauce.
- Follow up with a morning snack of a cup of blueberries and 1 oz of nuts.
- For lunch, you must have 3 oz of smoked salmon, ¼th of a ripe avocado with 1 whole-wheat tortilla and a cup of mixed greens.
- Gorge on a cup of broccoli and cauliflower with 2 tablespoons tzatziki as a light-weight afternoon snack.
- You must end the day with a heavy meal comprising of a cup of roasted brussels sprouts topped with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and 4 oz of lean steaks with a cup of roasted sweet potatoes for dinner.
- For breakfast take a whole wheat tortilla and wrap it up with a filing of a scrambled egg and half a cup of black beans.
- Follow up with a light morning snack of an apple and 1 oz of nuts.
- During the lunch break, you can consume 3 oz lean deli turkey, 1/4th of a ripe avocado, with 2 slices of whole-wheat bread and a cup of mixed green veggies.
- For dinner, you have the liberty to customize your favorite cheat meal.
You might find this article interesting Kiwi Benefits For Skin, Hair And Health