If you have acne on the face, you can hide them with the help of concealer but it is not that easy when they are on the back. Also sometimes acne on the back is very painful. Check the post below to know some natural ways to treat them quickly. First, let me tell you whether acne is on face or back, the cause is bacteria so treatment will be the same for all acne. All the home remedies listed down below are completely organic and 100% safe on the skin, yet we would recommend a patch test as it may break out sensitive skin.
1. Apply acne medication on for at least 5 minutes before washing off. You can use 5% or 10% benzoyl peroxide acne medications but if you have sensitive skin use 10% sulfur solution.
2. Use Apple cider vinegar. Clean your back. Apply the apple cider vinegar directly to your back acne using a cotton ball, pad or spray bottle but to prevent any skin irritation. Apple cider vinegar tightens up your pores, kills bacteria and also reduces rednessIt’s probably better to mix vinegar with water in a 50/50 solution before applying it to your acne
3. Keep you back clean and do scrubbing regularly. But when you have acne, do scrubbing lightly otherwise it will irritate and tear your skin making your bacne worse
4. Wear loose cotton clothing, it lets your skin breathe and it doesn’t trap oil & dead skin cells as synthetic clothing does.
5. Pluck a few fresh neem leaves, add it in a pan along with freshwater and bring it to boil, after it boils completely and the liquid changes to slightly green color, turn off the flame. Strain it out in a container, and allow it cool down. Use this solution along with your bath water to get the best results.
6. Consider taking a zinc supplement along with your regular diet, many times back acne develops on your skin due to zinc deficiency, hence you must consider taking a supplement to get clear skin.
7. Make your own spot treatment concoction with tea tree essential oil. Mix water and tea tree in the ratio of 9:1 and then dip a q-tip in this solution and apply it slowly on the affected areas. Follow up with a body lotion to get the best results, you can use this treatment twice or thrice a day to get the best results.
8. I am sure you sip a cup of green tea to shed some weight, don’t you? Do you know that you can also use green tea as a topical application to reduce back acne? Yes, you read that right and it is a very simple home remedy that does not require too many ingredients. All you have to do is take some warm water in a cup and dip a tea bag in it, let it steep for a while. Then dip a cotton ball in the freshly brewed green tea solution, squeeze out the excess from it and then gently pat it on the affected areas. Let it dry up and then apply your regular body lotion to lock in the nourishment. However, you may not get instant results, so you have to be consistent with this treatment.
9. We all love to stay in shape and workout in order to look our best. Very often, we do not change our outfits after a strenuous workout session and this can also lead to back acne. Make sure that your clothes are clean so that your skin does not get infected and belittle your self-esteem.
10. You can definitely use commercial products that are infused with salicylic acid to help with acne-prone skin, however, there’s nothing better than trying out DIY using all-natural ingredients from your kitchen. Mix a little bit of mustard seed powder with manuka honey to make a smooth paste, apply a little bit of this mask on the affected areas. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with running tap water. Use your body lotion afterwards to reap the maximum benefits from this skin treatment. Mustard seeds are naturally enriched with salicylic acid that combats acne and honey is a natural humectant that keeps your skin from drying up completely.
11. Use an aspirin mask to deal with back acne, I am sure you have a few aspirin tablets lying in your first aid kit. To prepare this mask just crush some aspirin tablets, mix it with water and your mask is ready. Alternatively, you can either use honey or yogurt instead of plain water to prepare this mask. Once you achieve a mask with a thick consistency, apply it on the affected areas with the help of a q-tip. Once it hardens up completely, gently wipe it off with a warm washcloth. Apply a body lotion afterwards to get the best results.
12. Do you love mints leaves? Here’s one more reason why you are going to like it even more. Let me share a quick mask recipe with you that will help you with face and back acne quickly. All you have to do is clean the freshly plucked neem leaves, and then mix it with some yogurt and oatmeal powder to make an anti-acne mask. Apply a generous amount of this mask on the affected areas with the help of an applicator, let it sit for 10 minutes and work wonders for your skin and then rinse it off with running tap water. Massage with a body butter after washing it off to steer clear acne from your back in less than 10 days. You can use this home remedy twice a week to get the best results. Mint leaves can clear the oil that clogs your pores, yogurt deeply clenases your skin and honey naturally moisturizes your skin.
13. Use an anti-acne soap that can dry out active acne. However, if you have severe acne then get in touch with a medical professional, but if you have mild to moderate acne then use anti-acne body cleansers. Always remember to follow up with a lightweight, non-greasy body lotion that won’t clog your hair follicles as it leads to more acne. Stop using the regular shower gels for a while and opt for over the counter medications.
14. Use a retinoid infused ointment on the affected areas to reduce the inflammation and get rid of back acne fast. However, do not buy an ointment on your own, always consult a doctor before purchasing medicated ointments as it may not suit your skin. Conduct a patch test before applying it if you have sensitive skin as it may break you out. These medications are generally suitable for acne-prone skin and may help to get relief from acne to some extent with regular application in the long-run.
15. Give your regular moisturizer a break and opt for avocado oil instead of that. After taking a shower, massage the affected areas with a few drops of avocado oil to get the best results. Avocado oil is enriched with nourishing chemical compounds like linoleic acid, oleic acid, vitamin A and other essential minerals. Regular application of avocado oil will eventually help you get rid of back acne in the long-run.
16. Organic aloe vera gel is one of the most common ingredients used to treat the most common skin woes. Scoop out some fresh aloe vera pulp from an aloe vera leaf and massage it on the affected areas. Let it dry up, it also doubles up as a moisturizer so you can skip an additional skincare step of applying body lotion or body butter. Aloe vera has been used by beauty enthusiasts from a very long time and it is suitable for all skin types. However, if you have extremely sensitive skin then conduct a patch test beforehand.
17. It is very essential to maintain the natural pH balance of your skin if you want clear skin. It is not possible to apply toner on your back but you can definitely spritz on some natural toners like steam distilled rose water, lavender water or vetiver water to work wonders for your skin. Alternatively, you can soak a cotton ball in the solution, squeeze out the excess and then gently pat it on your skin. Wait until it dries up and then follow up with a light textured body lotion to get the best results. Once the natural pH balance of your skin is restored back to normal, the acne breakouts will gradually decline. However, you need to bear in mind that you have to be consistent with these treatments and it won’t give you overnight results.
18. If you are tired of purchasing over the counter drugs that fail to live up to their claims, then try out this age-old home remedy that is probably one of your granny’s favorite. Pour some manuka honey and turmeric powder in a mixing bowl, mix both the ingredients together to form a lump-free paste. Wipe the affected areas with a wet wipe to make sure that it is squeaky clean, then apply this mixture on the affected areas, keep it on for some time, rinse off with running tap water and follow up with your body lotion to reap the maximum benefits from this home remedy.
You might find this article interesting Best Concealer – Top Products, Homemade Recipes, Benefits