Diarrhoea might seem like a simple discomfort that comes when we eat something bad or when it does not suit our stomach. Taking medicines often do not solve the actual problem. They create constipation, stopping the stools, but does not give the right remedy for a diarrhoea affected body.
The body becomes extremely weak with a reduction in water and nutrient content. This is exactly why medicines must not be taken, instead one can try one of the below remedies. Read on to find the best remedy for you.
Remedy #1 with Orange Peels
- Peel the skin from an orange neatly.
- Chop it into pieces and dry it in sun.
- After a day of drying, grind them to get a fine orange peel powder.
- Take a kettle and boil some water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the orange peel powder and honey into the kettle.
- Add 3 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice as well.
- Boil them all well and drink the water.
- Drink the water throughout the day to keep yourself hydrated.
- The pectin’s in the orange peel can keep your intestines healthy.
Remedy #2 with Oatmeal
- Take a spoonful of oatmeal paste in a bowl.
- Add ½ cup of buttermilk to the paste.
- Mix them well and drink thrice a day during the problem.
- The fibre in the oatmeal can help retain water in your body.
- It is also a solid food that is much required during this time.
Remedy #3 with Coconut Water
- Buy fresh tender coconuts.
- Cut them and drink the fresh water.
- Do this for a few days during and after the diarrhoea.
- Coconut water is rich in electrolytes that can become a wonderful supplement to the artificial ORS liquids.
- It is also filled with nutrients that can keep the body healthy and strong.
Remedy #4 with Pumpkin
- Take a pumpkin and chop it into fine pieces.
- Mash the pieces before grinding them in a blender to get a smooth paste.
- Take a ginger and peel its skin to chop it.
- Add the ginger pieces to the pumpkin paste.
- Grind both ingredients well again to get a drinkable smoothie.
- Add water if required and drink the mix twice a day.
- The high level of fibre and potassium in pumpkin will harden the stools and also help retain fluids.
Remedy #5 with Ginger Powder
- Take a glass of water and boil it.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ginger powder in the boiling water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cumin powder in the boiling water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder to the boiling water.
- Add 2 teaspoons of honey in the boiling water.
- Mix them all well and let them boil.
- Once it is hot enough, let it cool a bit.
- Drink it throughout the day.
- Ginger can clean all infections and make the body immune and healthy.
Diarrhoea needs to be seen as a big disease as it can make the body super weak if it persists. The constant losing of fluids from the body can lead to many other serious problems like low pressure and sugar levels. This can lead to fainting and nervous weaknesses. To avoid all these, try these simple home remedies and get back to health in no time.
You might find this article interesting Home Remedies for Diarrhea