Whether minor or excessive, a headache can disrupt one’s daily life and reduce the efficiency of work. You would be happy to know that there exist certain simple, cost-effective home remedies which you can make use of to get rid of the same.
1. Lavender Oil
Besides a Powerful agent to treat stress, anxiousness, and blood pressure. Lavender Oil has proven benefits to help in relaxation of your mind. You can make use of Lavender oil in the following ways to get relieved of a headache.
- Add a couple of drops to boiling water and inhale the vapor.
- Add oil to warm water and take a footbath, this relaxes your blood vessels.
- Apply the solution to your forehead, gently and firmly for quick action
One of the most valued ingredients in Ayurveda, Ginger has been used since the era for its medicinal properties. The powerful remedy to fight with your headache can be utilized in the following ways:
- Crush a little piece of Ginger, boil in water and take the juice
- If you are not interested in Ginger juice you can just inhale the vapors for instant relief.
- Apply the paste of ginger on your forehead. Take rest with your eyes closed in calm room.
3. Magnesium-rich foods
People who suffer frequent headaches lack magnesium which is considered very vital. You can increase the levels of magnesium in your diet by including magnesium rich food like grains, nuts, beans etc. It can also be taken in capsule form with supplements.
Dehydration is a huge cause of severe headaches. Watermelon can be your savior here. Its natural water content contains essential minerals which help you in a headache prevention. Other foods with high water content like cucumber and tomatoes will also work. Intake a lot of water daily to prevent yourself from dehydration.
Also called as Indian ginseng, Ashwagandha is famous amongst Ayurveda’s practitioners to bring peace to body and mind and rejuvenate the entire body. It reduces anxiety and stress which are one of the main causes which trigger a headache.
- Prepare your own solution by mixing Ashwagandha root in boiling milk for 5 minutes.
- You can also opt for Ashwagandha’s tablets, liquid extract, and powder.
Sometimes a lot of spicy food for a long time can result in unbearable headaches. Yogurt works as a very powerful remedy in such cases. Along with it, it is also rich in calcium, the lack of which can also cause the pain. Plain Yogurt with no added sugars can bring much relaxation.
7. Yoga and exercises
Begin your day by waking up early in the morning and meditate for a while. Daily exercise and Yoga helps to regulate oxygen in your body and is very healthy for your heart. The relaxation and freshness which you get from doing the same help you to keep away a headache.
Take a balanced diet with adequate intake of water. Relax and take proper sleep. Make necessary changes in your lifestyle to reduce the severity and frequency of headaches.
You might find this article interesting How to get rid of Headache