Dark Underarms are quite embarrassing especially when you wear a sleeveless top. The dark discoloration is not usually of a serious medical condition. Exposure to sun rays, chemical based deodorizers, shaving, hair removal creams, dead skin are few reasons for dark underarms. But only one lemon, with amazing skin cleansing and whitening properties can solve this problems.
As lemon can dry the skin under the arms, olive oil helps in moisturizing and nourishing it.
- Extract juice from 1 medium sized lemon and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it.
- Mix well and apply this mixture on underarms.
- Let it rest for 40 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- For quick results, you can follow this process daily before bed.
Process 2: with Aloe Vera Gel and Turmeric
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of aloe-vera gel, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Wipe underarms with cotton dipped in rose water.
- Apply this mixture on underarms.
- Leave it overnight if you can or else for 1 – 1 ½ hour.
- If you are worried about the yellow tint formed by turmeric, dip a cotton pad in cool water and gently wipe your underarms thoroughly.
- Alternatively, use cucumber gel instead of aloe-vera gel.
- Repeat this process 2 – 3 times a week to lighten the skin under arms.
Process 3: with Cucumber and Baking Soda
- Blend few slices of cucumber.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 3 tablespoon of lemon juice to it.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply this on underarms.
- After 10 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.