Our skin becomes dull and dry due to constant attack of heat, pollution and harmful sun rays. Thus, it requires some special and extra care once in a while i.e. detoxification, which means deeply cleansing and nourishing the body. And the best way to detox your face is Grapefruit and Oatmeal Detox Face Mask!
Read further to know more about it:
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Before knowing how it is prepared, let us first know what it does to our face and how it benefits us?
Grapefruit is a great antioxidant, it contains vitamin C which helps in cleansing the pores from deep within. It removes the dirt from the skin and controls the oil production on the face. It prevents black heads, acne and pimples. It also treats black and dark spots on the face.
Oatmeal is very good for the skin in both cooked and un-cooked form. It nourishes the skin from deep within. It moisturises the face and treats dryness. Also, it helps in removing the black heads from the skin and leaves us with a clear skin.
HOW IS IT PREPARED?
Oatmeal and grapefruit face pack can be prepared in 2 ways, let’s look at them one by one:
- Cook half a cup of oatmeal in milk and wait till it cools down.
- Then, peel off a grapefruit and slice it into small pieces.
- Add the sliced grapefruit to the cooked oatmeal and blend them together properly.
- Add half a tablespoon of gram flour to this mixture and again mix it properly. If required, add two teaspoons of rose water to it.
- Apply this mixture to your face and massage in upward circular motion.
- Wash your face after 20 minutes and pat it dry.
- Apply this mask at night, so that you wake up with a shiny and moisturised skin in the morning.
- Apply this mask once a week for beautiful skin.
This face pack helps in nourishing and moisturising your skin properly. Cooked oatmeal adds the shine on your face and grapefruit provides vitamin C to your skin and adds glow to it.
- In a bowl, add a tablespoon of multani mitti and add a tablespoon of rose water.
- Mix them together, then pour half a tablespoon of uncooked oatmeal to it and mix well.
- Peel off a grapefruit and blend it in a mixture, till you get a pulpy-juice out of it.
- Add it to the multani mitti and oatmeal mixture.
- Squeeze half a lemon in it.
- Mix all the products for the last time and your are done.
- Apply this on your face in upward motion.
- Then scrub your face with this for 10 minutes in circular motion. Afterwards, let it sit for 20- 25 minutes.
- Rinse your face with normal water and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply this mixture at night so that you wake up with a radiant shiny skin in morning.
- Apply this once a week to get rid of the black heads from your face.
This face pack helps in keeping you away from the black head and white heads that might cause pimples on the skin. Also, it moisturises and cleanses the skin.