Acne/pimple are very common these days. Because of acne, you may lose self confidence but now no more. Follow below instructions to hide them and enjoy your day
Hide acne/pimples permanently
We all know that prevention is better than cure, so try to hide them permanently
Before going to bed wash your face with a mild cleanser, after cleansing wash your face with luke warm water
Apply benzoyl peroxide cream on acne, let it work overnight
You’ll surely see some improvement in the morning, now take a hot wash cloth and gently press against the blemish
Wash your face with normal water
Apply moisturiser on face (apply it on acne too). Use a moisturiser that is labelled “non-comedogenic.” This means that it will not clog your pores as much as regular moisturiser.
Best non-comedogenic Moisturizers Available In India
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer:
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream
L’Oreal Anti Wrinkle Cream
Lakme Youth Infinity
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion
Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer
Aroma Magic Hydro Gel
Hide acne/pimples temporarily
If you want instant results, take help of cosmetics
Concealers are available in the market but you need to find a concealer that closely matches your skin tone. Before buying test the concealer on the back of your hand or the back of your jawbone to make sure the tone matches.
Apply concealer on acne with the help of makeup brush or cotton, rub it lightly over acne in small circles. Do not apply pressure on acne while rubbing concealer. You can go for emollient-based concealer will help moisturize your skin while hiding the pimple.
Once you have concealed, you can apply the rest of your makeup as you normally would. Use an oil-free foundation to help keep your pores clear.
Have you ever heard of color correctors? Have you ever applied a little too much of that orange pigment to look like a tribal? Well, we all make some of these make-up mistakes at times but worry not. We are here to give you a complete guide about how to hide your pimples and patches of acne by just using one color corrector palette in a few simple steps.
- Before starting your make up, make sure that your face is moisturized and then make it a point to apply a primer.
- You are supposed to use a color corrector underneath your foundation for a more even finish.
- If you are using a colored concealer to cover up your pimples then it may be a little tricky, so make tiny dots with the colored concealer. If your pimple is pink or red then use pista green pigment or concealer, if you want to conceal dark circles then use the orange or peach pigment depending on your skin tone.
- Take a tad bit of color corrector and then apply it on the affected areas, remember green cancels out the reddish tint of active acne or pimple whereas orange cancels out the brownish tinge.
- Take a beauty blender to gently dab it all in.
- After that, apply your foundation, with a flat top kabuki brush for an even finish.
- Now, most of your problem areas will be covered up but if you still need more coverage then concealer is the thing to go for. Take a concealer that is the closest to your skin tone and apply it to the problem areas and blend it all in with a beauty blender.
Minimizing the appearance of the pimple
Now, there are methods and techniques which you can employ to help curb the appearance of the pimple so that it becomes harder to see and easier to conceal using various methods. Follow the steps detailed below to learn how to utilize these techniques to reduce the appearance of your pimples.
- Use a cleanser on the skin to reduce the appearance of the pimples. However, go for a mild one so that you do not aggravate the situation. Go for options which contain Salicyclic acid or benzoyl peroxide in it as these two compounds are known to help prevent acne and also suppress and dry out the pimples. Moreover, these chemicals help cleanse the skin well from many impurities and harmful agents like dead skin cells and bacteria and provide some soothing effects on the skin to calm the irritation. Also, use lukewarm to warm water to cleanse the skin well and get rid of any harmful bacteria which are the major culprit behind the pimples on the skin.
- Avoid using makeup removers as more often than not they contain stuff like alcohol in it which is liable to irritate your skin even more and aggravate your pimples and irritation on the skin. Just use gentle methods or maybe a soap or just water to help remove your makeup gently and safely.
- Always remember to moisturize your skin, it will help keep the skin healthy and well and enable it to avoid issues like pimples while also promoting the healing of any previous ones. Moisturizing the skin before you go to the bed is crucial to keep the skin healthy and supple and more resistant to issues like pimples.
- You can utilize a cold compress to suppress the irritation and inflammation from a pimple. Just take some ice in a towel or washcloth or something and then hold that on your pimples (don’t press too hard, just hold it there) for a minute to suppress the pimples. Repeat the step a few times while giving breaks in between to effectively curb your pimple.
Home Remedies to suppress Pimples
You can use one of the following home remedies on your pimples to minimize their appearance:
- Turmeric and Honey: Turmeric and Honey have been used for beauty and skin treatments in India for centuries. Turmeric is known to have anti-bacterial properties and honey helps nourish and hydrate the skin very well. Thus, a combination of these treat the skin in a complete manner and can help curb the appearance of a pimple. To use it just combine a little bit of each with the other and apply the resultant paste as a spot treatment onto the pimple.
- Tomato: Tomato contains compounds in it which can prove to be quite effective in helping to heal and suppress the pimples. To utilize it just extract some of the tomato juice and leave that on the pimple as a spot treatment. You can also rub a slice of fresh tomato on your pimples to harness it pimple treating benefits.