A face with large open pores doesn’t look good but it is very common if you have oily skin. Acne on oily skin usually leaves scars and large pores behind. It’s not easy to get rid of them completely but homemade recipes are very useful here. You can minimize the appearance of large open pores on your face if you follow the home remedies listed down below. These home remedies won’t give you an instant result, but gradually with regular use, you can spot a noticeable change.
- Cleanse your face with a mild face wash. Then splash ice-cold water over your face or alternatively rub an ice cube wrapped in a towel over your face. Cold ice constricts the facial muscles for a while and this action can shrink the pores temporarily. Then pat dry. You can then apply fresh lemon juice over your face, that is, if you do not have an extremely sensitive skin which is allergic to lemons. Lemon juice acts as an astringent which helps to close the pores.
- After cleansing your face you can apply a spoonful of milk of magnesia. Keep it on for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water and finish it off with a splash of cold water. This pack also helps with acne.
- Egg whites are not just skin-tighteners but also excellent pore-shrinkers. Beat an egg white. Add a tsp of lemon juice to it. Then apply it evenly over your face until it dries and tightens around the skin. You may skip using lemon juice if you wish and use only a well-beaten egg white on your face. Wash it off with tepid water and a splash of cold water.
- Soak a few almonds in water. Grind it to a paste with water. Add 2 tsp of lemon juice and apply it to your face. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then wash it off as usual. This also lightens your complexion.
- A combination of tomato juice and buttermilk is not only good for treating suntan but its astringent action also works well to tighten the pores. You can even apply plain buttermilk with cotton wool on your pores; this helps with freckles too.
- Another recipe is to crush lettuce leaves and extract its juice, add a few tsp of lemon juice and apply it to your face to be washed off after 20 minutes.
- Blend apricot and tomato pulp to a paste and apply this mixture to your face.
- Make your own cucumber-rosewater toner at home. Take aa cucumber, peel it off and then grate it with a grater to extract fresh cucumber juice. Take a tablespoon of cucumber juice and a tablespoon of steam-distilled rose water in a clean container. Mix it well, dip a cotton ball in it, squeeze out the excess and then gently pat it all over your face and neck. You can either keep it overnight or wash it off with plain water after keeping it on for 15 minutes.
- Use age-old classic, gram flour-turmeric mask to cure large, open pores. Add a tablespoon of gram flour, a pinch of wild turmeric powder, a few drops of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of yogurt in a clean container. Mix it well until it forms a smooth lump-free paste, apply this face pack evenly all over your face and neck with a face pack applicator. Keep it on for about 20 minutes and then wash it off with running tap water, pat dry your face with a clean towel and then rub an ice cube all over your face. Follow up with a moisturizer. You can use this face mask twice or thrice a week to reap the maximum benefits.
- This toxin-free aromatic face mask will give you great results and guess what, it is suitable for all skin types. Just pour in half a cup of manuka honey, a tablespoon of sea salt and around 3 tablespoons of freshly extracted orange juice in a clean container. Mix it well, make sure that your face is squeaky clean before applying this face pack, you can adjust the consistency by adding more honey if you find it too runny. Then apply a thick layer of this face pack evenly all over your face and neck and wait for 15 minutes or let it dry out completely. Was it off with running tap water, pat dry your face with a towel and then follow up with a moisturizer to complete this skincare regime.
- Try out this hassle-free DIY face pack this monsoon to shrink all your open pores in less than 15 days. To make this face pack, take a tablespoon of multani mitti in a clean container, cut a tomato into two halves and ooze out some tomato juice in it. Keep stirring and mixing these ingredients until you achieve a lump-free face pack with a smooth texture and medium consistency. Cleanse your face before applying this face pack and pat it dry with a clean towel, then take a generous amount of this face pack on your face pack applicator and apply it evenly only on the affected areas. Wait for it to dry out completely and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Apply this face pack on every alternate day of the week to get the best result.
- Let baking soda work wonders for your skin. Use this face pack to shrink open pores fast, take 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a clean container and mix it with enough water to make a paste. Then, take a generous amount of this face pack with your face pack applicator and apply it evenly all over your face and neck. Let it dry out naturally and then rinse your face with cold water. To reap the maximum benefits apply this face pack once in a week. Do not exceed the recommended frequency or else it will render your skin dry.
- If you find DIY face packs to be very messy then this is something you should opt for. Take a slice of papaya, mash it into a smooth paste and apply it all over your face and neck with the help of a face pack applicator. Keep it on for about 20 minutes and then wash off plain water. That’s all for this home remedy.
You might find this article interesting How To Get Rid Of Oily Skin, Easy Home Remedies For Women