The mouth becomes dry when the salivary glands don’t work properly due to aging, anxiety, stress, smoking etc. A dry mouth leads to irritation due to sticky feeling in the mouth.
Following are the home remedies for the treatment of dry mouth:
Aloe vera helps in treating the sensitive tissues in the mouth and cures dry mouth as well.
- Aloe vera leaf: 1
- Cotton ball: 1
- Take an aloe vera leaf and slit it into two halves.
- Now, extract the gel out of it. Collect the gel in a jar or bowl.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the gel in your mouth.
- After 10 minutes, rinse your mouth with normal water.
- Do this 3 times a day, for 1 week to see the positive results.
Fenugreek seeds stimulate the flow of saliva in the mouth which helps in getting rid of the dry mouth.
- Fenugreek seeds: ½ tablespoon
- Fennel seeds: ½ tablespoon
- Salt: a pinch
- Dry roast the fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds in a pan.
- Then, grind them in a mixer and add a pinch of salt to it.
- Eat half a spoon of it after every meal.
- You will start to see the positive results in less than 2 weeks.
It is an ancient way to get rid of dry mouth. It also helps in treating bad breath.
- Coconut oil: ½ tablespoon
- Put a ½ tablespoon of pure coconut oil in your mouth.
- Swish the oil in your mouth for about 10 minutes.
- Then spit it out and rinse your mouth with normal water.
- Afterwards, brush your teeth.
- Do this daily in the morning before eating anything.
- Do this for 2 weeks.
Herbal green tea helps in curing a lot of mouth problems and one of them is dry mouth.
- Water: 1½ cup
- Green tea leaves: 1 teaspoon
- Boil 1½ cup of water and then add herbal green tea leaves to it.
- After 3- 4 minutes turn off the stove.
- Pour the tea into a cup and wait till it cools down.
- Drink this tea twice a day for 2 weeks.
It relieves the dry mouth and boosts the process of saliva stimulation. Also helps in fighting the problem of bad breath.
- Lemon: ½ a lemon
- Water: 1 glass
- Honey: 1- 2 teaspoon
- Add juice of ½ a lemon and 1- 2 teaspoon of honey to the water.
- Drink this water 3- 4 times a day.
- Your mouth will become hydrated and will start to produce more saliva in a week only.
- Inhale steam from time to time to moisturize your nasal passages.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water after every meal.
- Always clean your tongue after you brush your teeth.
- Don’t take alcohol or tobacco because it hinders saliva production.
- Avoid sugary food items and eat more of sugar-free products as it stimulates saliva production.
- Gargle with warm water once a day, daily.
- Avoid breathing through the mouth and breathe through the nose.
- Take less of spicy foods as they hinder the saliva production.
- Drink at least 3- 4 liters of water a day.
- Eat more of the food items that are high in water content.
You might find this article interesting how to get rid of canker sores
You might find this article interesting home remedies for migraines
You might find this article interesting home remedies for gout