My hair is super soft and silky. One can effortlessly run his/her fingers through it. Do you know the reason? I have diligently followed the homemade hair care regime that my grandmother had set up for me since my early teenage years.
Amla Powder + Plain Curd
- Take one cup of plain curd that is easily available at our home in a glass bowl and add two tbsp of amla powder to it.
- Mix it properly to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this mixture first on your scalp and then on your hair from roots to tips with help of your fingertips.
- Leave it to dry and soak inside the pores for thirty minutes.
- Rinse it away with normal water.
- Shampoo and condition your hair with your regular ones.
How it Works:
The plain curd is rich in lactic acid that strengthens hair follicles and shafts from the roots and prevents the formation of dandruff and bacteria on the scalp. It is enriched with vitamin D and B5 that are essential for growth of hair and soothing properties that calms and hydrates the hair making it super soft. Amla powder is rich in vitamin C that cleans the hair of any impurities and makes it soft. Both ingredients are natural and make one of the best hair masks for soft hair. Use it once every week.
- Take one-fourth cup of fenugreek seeds and soak it in one cup of water.
- Leave it overnight.
- In the morning, take the seeds and make a paste of it adding a little water in a mixer grinder.
- We need a consistent texture that will stay on hair and hence make the paste accordingly.
- Apply this paste on the scalp and hair with a color applicator or your fingertips.
- Leave it to dry for thirty minutes.
- Rinse it away with normal water and wash with a mild shampoo and use a conditioner.
How it Works:
Fenugreek seeds are enriched with potassium, vitamin C, and protein that prevent dandruff, damage and bacteria formation. It encourages strong and soft hair. Use it once every week for desired results.
Lavender Oil + Onion Juice
- Take two big onions, peel them and blend them in a mixer to make a smooth paste.
- Pour it in a glass bowl and add four drops of lavender essential oil.
- Mix it properly.
- Apply this solution on your scalp with help of a cotton ball or your fingertips.
- Massage for a few minutes gently so that the solution seeps inside the pores.
- Apply the rest on the hair from roots to tips.
- Leave it for fifteen minutes.
- Wash it away with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
How it Works:
Onion juice controls hair fall and encourages hair growth. It increases the blood circulation and restores the softness and shine to hair. Lavender oil is an essential oil that encourages soft and silky hair. Use this remedy once a week for effective results.
Friends do not be envious of silky and luscious locks of others. Just take out some personal time and prepare a homemade remedy and see the difference in a short while to believe the miracle of natural ingredients.