Every woman wants beautiful, soft, pink lips but unfortunately not all of us have them. It is however completely possible to acquire pink lips through natural methods that don’t cost a lot. Natural method are also advisable over chemical methods because they don’t react to your skin and are safe unlike chemicals which can be toxic.
Why do you have dark lips?
Dark lips can occur due to a variety of reasons such as excessive smoking, prolonged sun exposure, high caffeine intake, allergic reaction to low quality cosmetics, consuming chewing tobacco, and hormonal imbalances. All these activities damage your lips and the body produces more melanin to protect itself.
How to get pink lips?
Since you now understand why you have a problem it is only natural to figure out a solution to your problem. Hence here is a list of home remedies that can treat dark lips. It is important to know that all these remedies take time to work and will not show any results overnight. They will also be useless if you don’t use them regularly. The methods mentioned below are supposed to be used in a routine.
Step 1 Scrub your lips twice. In the morning and at night.
Step 2- Put on lip balm in the day and a lip mask at night.
You can use any combination of scrubs and masks from this list.
Lemon is a great bleaching agent which is used to lighten dark spots and pigmentation. Hence it can also be used to treat dark lips. There are several ways to use lemon for lighter lips but here are the three I like best.
Just take a little bit of lemon juice and it put it on your lips before going to sleep. In a few weeks you will have beautiful rosy pink lips.
Note that lemon juice can dry your lips.
Pigmentation on your lips could also be a result of your dead skin settling on it so it is highly advisable to scrub your lips to get rid of dead skin.
- Lemon as needed
- Honey 1 and a half teaspoon
- Brown or white sugar 1 teaspoon
- Take all the ingredients and mix them well.
- Then take this on a toothbrush and gently rub on your lips.
- If you can’t scrub your lips with the mentioned method then scrubbing them with a plain toothbrush is fine as well.
Just remember to go in gentle motions and don’t scrub too hard as that can bruise your lips. I highly suggest following this with an overnight lip mask.
Overnight lip mask
If the lemon juice all by itself is too harsh for you then you can always opt for this lip mask which is much gentler.
- Lemon 1 tea-spoon
- Honey 1 tea-spoon
- Glycerin 1 tea-spoon
- Take half a teaspoon of lemon juice, with equal amount of honey and glycerin and mix them well.
- Put it on before going to sleep everyday.
Coconut oil is a holy grail of skin remedies. It has variety of uses and can help to a great extent in lightning dark lips.
- Coconut oil
- Coconut sugar
- To make a scrub out of coconut oil simply take a teaspoon of coconut sugar and mix it with equal amount of coconut oil.
- Take it on a toothbrush and scrub in very gentle circular motions. Do this twice a day. Follow this up with an overnight mask in the night.
You can always use coconut oil as a lip balm during the day but if you want to use it as a lip mask then this recipe is extremely effective.
- Coconut oil
- Milk cream
How to make
- Take equal amount of coconut oil with honey and milk cream and mix them well.
- Put this on your lips before going to sleep.
Note- you can create both these remedies with any oil or sugar that you want but please make sure you are using edible materials. Such as virgin oil.
Rose is a beautiful flower and it can be used to make your lips look exactly like it as well! Ancient queens used to use rose religiously in their beauty rituals.
- Pomegrannate Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Milk cream half tsp
- Rose water As necessary
- Take a spoonful of crushed pomegranate seeds and mix them with rose water and milk cream.
- After you are done take a toothbrush put some of the mixture on it and gently scrub your lips.
Do it twice a day and follow up with a lip balm in day and overnight mask at night.
- Any oil of choice 1 tsp
- Honey 1 tsp
- Rose water 1 tsp
How to make
- Take the rose water, honey, and butter/Ghee/Almond oil and mix them well.
- After you are done scrubbing your lips put on this mask and go to bed. You will wake up with beautiful soft lips in the morning.