A pimple is a very common skin problem that can occur almost anywhere in the body. However, when it occurs on the eye it is not only painful but also highly discomforting. It is usually caused by dirt, poor hygiene and may also occur due to hormonal changes. Sometimes, using bad quality makeup or not removing make-up on a regular basis may also result in pimple formation on the eye. To treat this condition, there are many home remedies.
- Hot Compress- Hot compress has a host of benefits and is therefore recommended for many illnesses and skin conditions. Applying hot compress increases blood circulation and helps to clear out the pus formed in a pimple.
To Apply Hot Compress-
- Dip a soft towel in hot water
- Squeeze out any excess water
- Close your eyes and place this towel on the pimple
- Leave it on for at least 5 minutes
- Repeat the process until the pus is out
- Clean the pus carefully
- Aloe Vera- Aloe vera is anti-inflammatory. It helps to reduce any swelling or redness caused by a pimple. The coolness of aloe vera gel also soothes the pain.
In Order to Use Aloe Vera-
- Extra aloe vera gel from an aloe vera plant
- Apply this on the pimple and rub gently
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Finally, wash the eye with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process at least thrice a week for best results
- Turmeric- Turmeric is perhaps the most highly recommended home remedy for any skin condition. It is considered an antiseptic. Therefore it heals a pimple quickly and also prevents further formation of a pimple if regularly used.
In Order to Use Turmeric-
- Add one tablespoon of powdered turmeric to 2 cups of water
- Boil this mixture until the portion is reduced to half
- Allow it to cool for some time
- Strain the mixture using a strainer or a fine cloth
- Use this mixture to wash your eyes at least 2-3 times daily
- Green Tea- Green tea is known to contain tannic acid. This prevents the spread of infection. It is also anti-inflammatory and thus reduces pain and inflammation.
To Apply Green Tea on the Pimple-
- Dip a bag of green tea in warm water
- Take it out of the water and squeeze all the excess water out
- Allow this warm bag of tea to sit over a pimple for at least 5 minutes
- Repeat this process at least 3-4 times daily
- Potato- Another home remedy that works surprisingly well on eye pimples is a potato. It reduces inflammation of a pimple and contracts it. The starch in potato is highly effective to heal pimples.
For Applying Potato on the Pimple-
- Take a medium size potato and clean it well
- Grate the potato
- In a soft muslin cloth, press the grated potato to bring it to a moist paste-like consistency
- Place this on the pimple and leave it for about 5-10 minutes
- Repeat this process at least 2-3 times daily for a couple of days
A pimple on the eyelid is easy to treat. A few simple home remedies not only help to ease the pain but also provide complete healing in only a short while.