Most of the soaps found in the market are either made from harsh chemicals and are very expensive or are very cheap but are still made from harsh chemicals. They leave your skin dry, dehydrated and rough. Use some of these marvelous homemade body scrubs which would not only bring your skin back to its former glory but would also protect it from future perils.
Banana Scrub for Moisturizing
You Will Need:
- 1 Banana
- 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 2-3 Drops of Vanilla Extract
- Peel and mash the banana into a thick pulp. Put this pulp in a small bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of brown sugar and 3-4 drops of optional vanilla extract into the mashed bananas and mix all the ingredients together.
- Apply the paste on your body and scrub it in a circular motion to massage it over your skin.
- Leave the paste for a couple of minutes and then wash it off with some water. It is best if you use this paste while you are in the shower.
- Use this homemade body scrub everytime you shower for best results.
This banana and sugar body scrub is very effective for people having oily skin. This paste hydrates the body and restores the moisture to the skin while controlling the secretion of oil from the sebaceous glands. If you have very sensitive skin but still want to use this remedy then you should switch to oatmeal instead of brown sugar.
Epsom Salt Scrub for Radiant Skin
You Will Need:
- 1 Cup of Epsom Salt
- 3-4 Drops of Jojoba Oil
- Add 3-4 drops of jojoba oil in a cup of Epsom salt and mix them together to make a grainy paste.
- You can also add a couple drops of any essential oil of your choice to make the paste a little thin.
- Apply the paste and gently massage your skin in circular motions while you are showering.
- Spread this paste all over the body, scrubbing and exfoliating every part as you go.
- Wait for a couple of minutes then turn on the showerhead to wash off the paste from your body.
- Repeat this whole process two to three times a week to get a natural looking glowing skin.
This body scrub is suitable for every skin type and gives a nice radiant glow to the skin if used judicially. The exfoliating properties of Epsom salt not only eradicate the dead skin cells which darken our skin complexion, it smoothens the rough areas of our skin.
Coconut Oil and Mango Scrub for Smooth Skin
You Will Need:
- 1 Raw Mango
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 2-3 Drops of Orange Essential Oil
- Peel and chop a raw mango into very small pieces.
- Take a quarter cup of the sliced mango and blend it to make a thick paste.
- Now, add a couple tablespoons of coconut oil and some drops orange essential oil (totally optional) into the mango paste.
- Gently apply this body scrub on your hands, legs and other areas but not on the face as it can be harsh on it.
- Keeping rubbing this paste while you are in the shower to smoothen out the rough areas of your skin.
- Use this beneficial body scrub once a week for best results.
Mango is a rich source of Vitamin A and C which protects the skin from outside damage. It also has a compound called collagen which is essential in keeping the skin taut and smooth throughout the day.
Green Tea and Baking Soda Scrub for Anti-Aging
You WIll Need:
- 1 Tablespoon of Green Tea Leaves
- 3 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 4 Tablespoons of Jojoba Oil
- Combine the green tea leaves and baking soda in a small cup.
- Warm the jojoba oil a little and then add it to the green tea and baking soda mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients together to make a smooth thin paste.
- Massage this paste on your body giving special attention to the joints and places where you can see signs of premature aging.
- Wash off the paste by taking a warm shower and then pat the skin dry using a towel.
- This anti-aging body scrub can be used twice or thrice in a week to remove the wrinkles and lines completely.
Green tea has a lot of antioxidants which are capable of reversing the signs of premature aging. Not only does it do that, it also improves the immunity system of our body, reduces inflammation in the skin, repairs any damage and keeps a control on the sebum production.
Blueberry and Sugar Scrub for Exfoliating
You Will Need:
- 1 Cup of Freeze-Dried Blueberries
- 1 Cup of Cane Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Put the frozen and dried blueberries in a plastic bag and crush into very fine pieces using a rolling pin.
- Add these crushed blueberries to the cup of cane sugar.
- Pour some coconut oil and vanilla extract into the mixture and mix them well to make a thick grainy paste.
- Gently apply this paste on your face and body and massage it using your hands.
- Rinse off with some cold water and then pat the skin dry.
- Apply this paste two to three times a week when you take a shower to cleanse the skin properly.
Sometimes our skin doesn’t get properly cleaned when we bathe. There are always some dead skin cells or dirt particles that get left behind. This blueberry paste is very effective in flushing those particles out and keeping the skin clean and healthy.