Everyone is fond of eating potato but are you aware that it is an important ingredient in preparing masks for the excellent skin. People have been using potato topically on the skin because of its properties since earlier times. Let me tell you about some homemade recipes that are easy to prepare and use from the comfort of your home.
Potato + Oatmeal + Milk + Lemon Juice Excellent Skin Mask
- Take two potatoes and set it to boil in a pressure cooker or in a closed pan.
- Remove and drain the water when you feel that they have become tender.
- Let it cool at room temperature, peel and mash it in a glass bowl.
- Mix two tbsp of milk, one tbsp of oatmeal and one tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until you get a smooth and fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your face with help of your fingertips.
- Leave it to set for thirty minutes.
- Rinse it away first with lukewarm and after a few minutes with cool water.
How it Works:
Potato is enriched with enzymes that lighten skin tone and pigmentation. It is anti-inflammatory by nature and stops inflammation caused by rashes and bruises. Potato is rich in antioxidants that reduce damage caused by sun exposure and pollution. Oatmeal acts as an exfoliant and removes dead skin cell and bacteria. Milk is rich in good fats, lactic acid, vitamin C and minerals that tightens skin, and lightens its complexion. Lemon juice is a natural bleach that whitens the skin tone. All the natural ingredients make a wonderful homemade potato mask for the excellent skin. Use it twice every week.
Potato Juice + lemon Juice + Raw Honey Excellent Skin Mask
- Take a small potato, peel it and wash it thoroughly to remove any accumulated dirt.
- Grate it and strain it through a muslin cloth to extract its juice.
- We need two tbsp of fresh potato juice and pour it in a glass bowl.
- Add two tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice and one tbsp of raw honey to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients with help of a spoon.
- Clean your face beforehand and pat your skin dry.
- Take a cotton ball, dip it in the mixture and apply on the skin.
- Leave it to dry for thirty minutes.
- Rinse it away with normal water.
- Apply few drops of your regular moisturizer.
How it Works:
Potato is rich in vitamin B, C, and A that stops premature aging by reducing lines and wrinkles on the skin. It lightens scars, spots, and blemishes on the skin because of its bleaching properties. Lemon juice is a bleaching agent with astringent properties that opens clogged pores and removes impurities and bacteria within them. It stops excess oil production and lightens the skin tone. Raw honey is a humectant that retains the moisture content of the skin. You can use this excellent homemade recipe every alternative day for achieving excellent skin.
Friends, go for any one of the recipes and see the difference in your skin.
You might find this article interesting How to Use potato Juice for Skin Lightening