Almonds have been used for centuries to give a youthful radiance and glow to dull and damaged skin. In fact, it cleanses the skin deeply, rejuvenates and improves the complexion.
- 2 tsp milk
- 1/2 honey
- 2 tbsp Almonds
- 1/2 tsp Chickpea flour (Besan)
- Grind almonds in a blender.
- Add milk, flour, and honey, mixing until a thick paste is formed.
- Gently scrub it on your face with circular motions.
- Once you have evenly covered your face with it, wait 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off.
However, you do not have to just follow this recipe if you do not want. There is a great honey-almond scrub recipe which just needs those two ingredients for this one. The details of this particular one are given the following:
- Raw almonds: 1/2 cup
- Pure Honey: 3 tbsp
- First of all, take a coffee grinder and then grind all the almonds in it. You should get a fine powder at the end. Alternatively, if you do not have access to a coffee grinder, you can also use any other practical method like a rolling pin. Make sure to get fine powder though.
- After that, take 1 tbsp of the freshly ground almond powder and combine it with the honey to form a paste. You can store the remaining almond powder for future use. Store it in an airtight container.
- Now, it is time to apply the hence obtained scrub. wash your face first.
- After that, apply the scrub all over your face and neck using gentle circular massaging motions for a few minutes.
- Then, use warm water to rinse it off and finish with a moisturizer and you are done!
This remedy acts as a terrific exfoliator due to the powdered nature of the almond. Other than that, almond by itself will be great to make your skin smoother and more supple as its oils will come out due to the grinding. Honey is highly nourishing and hydrating to the skin and is great for keeping your skin moisturized due to its emollient properties. Moreover, it is packed with anti-oxidants which shield your skin from damage and in turn avoid many skin issues. Honey can even curb the risk of acne forming on your skin due to its anti-microbial properties.
Essential oils-almond face scrub- 1 stop solution to all your skin problems
- Finely grounded almond powder: 1/4th of a cup
- Manuka honey: 4 tablespoons
- Jojoba oil: 1 tablespoon
- Peppermint essential oil: 6 drops
- Lavender essential oil: 2 drops
- Tea tree essential oil: 1 drop
- Aloe vera gel: 2 teaspoons
- Add all the ingredients in a container and whisk it well to form a coarse scrub.
- You can add a little bit of rose water in this mixture to give it a lighter consistency.
- If you have oily skin then definitely squeeze half a slice of lemon in this scrub.
- If you have sensitive skin the avoid adding honey.
- After washing your face with a mild cleanser.
- Spread this scrub evenly all over your face.
- Gently exfoliate your face with this scrub in circular motions.
- Keep it on for 2 minutes after exfoliating.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Follow up with a toner and a hydrating moisturizer.
Use this scrub at least once in a week to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads.
This scrub deep cleanses the clogged pores and helps to get rid of blackheads with regular use. However, do not make it too coarse as it may lead to a minor cut on your skin. The essential oils present in this scrub helps to soothe irritated skin and prevent the recurrence of pimples and acne.
Turmeric-almond-milk cream scrub for sensitive skin
- Roasted almonds: 2
- Rosewater: 2 teaspoons
- Milk cream: 4 tablespoon
- Wet towel: 2
- Wild turmeric powder: a pinch of it
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend them into a paste.
- Make sure that you get fine granules of almond or it may irritate sensitive skin.
- Wipe your face with micellar water.
- Apply a generous amount of this scrub on your face and gently exfoliate for 5 minutes in circular strokes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Follow up with a toner and a hydrating moisturizer
- Wipe your face with a wet towel gently.
- Spritz on some rose water.
- Massage your face with a few drops of sweet almond oil until it gets absorbed.
Apply this face mask once in a week to get the best results.
This face scrub will pull away dirt and grime from your face, and also nourish your skin. If you do the anti-aging massage with sweet almond oil it will help to prevent the early signs of aging. It is a tedious task to find the right ingredient for sensitive skin as everything irritates the skin. Milk cream gently exfoliates the skin and also lightens and brightens up the skin complexion.
Honey Almond and Oil Blend Facial Scrub
- Almond meal: 1/4 cup
- Honey: 4 tbsp
- Jojoba oil: 1 tbsp
- Peppermint Essential Oil: 6 drops
- First of all, mix all the ingredients together well, in the required quantities, by stirring them together thoroughly.
- Then, store it in a tight glass container for future use.
- Now, it is time to use the prepared scrub. First, take about half a tbsp of the scrub in your hands and add to it a few drops of water to moisten it.
- After that, use the scrub to gently massage and scrub your face using gentle circular motions for a few minutes.
- Lastly, rinse the scrub off using lukewarm water and you are done!
Peppermint oil adds a cooling and soothing property to the scrub which feels great on the skin. All in all, this is a terrific all-rounder scrub which will practically treat your skin and help make it better by making it softer, stronger, more supple, and brighter.
You might find this article interesting Besan, Amazing Beauty Benefits For Skin And Hair