Balayage is the new trend in hair color and is taking everyone by storm. It is an innovative hair coloring technique which gives the hair a natural sun-kissed look. This technique involves coloring the hair by hand.
- A Balayage Hair Brush.
- A Nourishing shampoo if you have frizzy hair.
- A hair dye (light tone for dark hair and dark tone for light hair).
- Hair coloring gloves.
Given below are the steps which need to be followed for DIY Balayage Hair Colour.
Step 1: Choose the hair color dye
- Start off by using the perfect hair color dye depending on the texture and tone of your hair.
- For a natural look, you need a dye which is lighter by at least three shades than your natural hair color shade.
- Read the instructions carefully on the instruction box of the dye.
- Apply Vaseline on neck, shoulders, and ears or back to prevent them from getting stained.
- Take the allergy test on a small patch of hair to check for allergies.
Step 2: Divide your hair into layers
- Divide your hair into layers according to the way you want to dye it.
- Pull that particular section up by segregating it from others and tie it up in a knot leaving behind a thin strand of hair behind to be dyed.
- You can also divide your hair into 4 different sections parting it from the middle section.
- Use a comb to segregate the middle section by moving one section of the hair to over your left ear and the other over your right ear.
Step 3: Twist and Tie
- Once you are done dividing your hair into sections, tie and tease the hair strands from the root.
- This will not allow the dye to seep down to the roots.
Step 4: Applying the dye
- Start dyeing the hair from the end of each section.
- After dyeing the ends, drop down and apply the dye from the middle to the ends.
- Finish off the application process by dyeing the remaining part of hair without applying the dye on the roots.
Step 5: Tie off each section
- Once the application process is done segregate the hair in sections and pull them over.
- Use foil paper or pins to separate the different sections of the dyed hair.
Step 6: The final touch
- Apply highlights to your hair if you want to make a particular section more prominent.
Step 7: Rinse off and Dry
- Go through the instructions mentioned on the dye box and follow them carefully.
- Rinse off your hair with lukewarm water and apply the nourishing shampoo. Use conditioner if desired.
- Allow your hair to dry naturally.
Balayage hair is an easy DIY hair color technique which brings the most out of your natural color. The above steps would enable you to dorn a perfect Balayage experience.