Women try various methods to get rid of unwanted hair growth. The least expensive and the safest way is to go for natural remedies. Turning to nature is something that everyone does nowadays. Though it may consume time, the result is for sure and without any side effects. Waxing done using honey and sugar is called body sugaring and it is a kind of hot waxing. Read below to find the ways to prepare the wax and how to use it.
How to prepare the wax
To prepare the wax you will need:
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Water – a little (if necessary)
- Bowl – 1
- In a bowl add sugar, honey and lemon juice.
- Put the bowl on the stove and heat it in the simmer mode.
- With a spoon stir in the mixture until it turns to a thick sticky mixture of running consistency.
- If the paste is too thick add a little (lesser than 1 tablespoon) water.
- You can also double boil it if you feel you might burn the mixture.
- Now switch off the stove and let the mixture cool a little bit just right enough to apply on the skin.
How to apply the wax
To apply the wax you will need:
- Cotton strips of cloth – as required
- Waxing spatula or plastic spoon – 1 or 2
- Corn flour – 1 teaspoon
- Dust the cornflour on the area where you would like to wax, this helps in preventing the wax from sticking to the skin.
- Take the mixture with the help of the spatula and spread it opposite to the direction of hair growth.
- Immediately cover the part with cotton strips and press it well so that the cloth sticks nicely to the skin.
- Now hold the skin around the area taut and pull the strip in the direction of hair growth, quickly at one go.
This is a little painful but a natural waxing process with hundred percent results as done in parlours. You can store the excess mixture in the refrigerator. And when you want to use it again, thaw it for a while and heat it or double boil it with a little water. For better results and less pain, you can trim the hair around ten days before using this wax.
For people with sensitive skin or dry skin, you can substitute lemon juice with white vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
BENEFITS OF HONEY AND LEMON
Honey and lemon are said to nourish the skin in addition to waxing. Lemon is used to bleach the hair and skin. The sticky paste clings onto the hair and the strips of cloth nicely and comes out with the hair when pulled. Sugar used in this process makes it a little painful one. You can also add aroma oils(a drop) to the mixture for fragrance- lavender, jasmine oils can be used. As far as sugar is concerned you can use either white or brown sugar.
When this process is done continuously, once in forty to fifty days the hair growth will become less in the area. And the effect of this waxing will last for six to seven weeks.