Skin care is not always a costly affair, some of the best skin care range lies in your kitchen. These natural vegetable face packs will be of great help as most vegetables contain antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and all the nourishment your skin needs. Here’s how to make your DIY vegetable peel off masks at home.
Tomato-Honey Peel off Mask
- 1/4th cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- Mix the tomato juice and honey in a clean bowl.
- Heat the mixture till it is warm enough to add the gelatin in it.
- Add the gelatin to this mixture and mix till it becomes an even paste.
- Let the paste come down to lukewarm temperature, but make sure it is warm enough to use.
- Apply it generously on your face.
- Let it dry till you feel your skin tighten.
- Peel the mask off gently in an upward direction.
- Wash face with warm water after this.
You can use this mask two to three times a week for best results. It helps to remove dark spots on the skin and helps in tan removal too. The honey keeps your skin moisturized.
Cucumber Peel-off Mask
- 2 sachets of gelatin
- 1 small cucumber
- ½ cup brewed green tea
- Remove the cucumber seeds and grind it till it becomes a puree.
- Strain this puree to get its water content and keep this water concoction in a bowl.
- Microwave this water for 30 secs or heat it in a saucepan.
- Add gelatin and stir till it completely dissolves.
- Remove it from the heat source and let it reach a lukewarm temperature.
- Using a brush apply a thick coat of it onto your face. You can apply a second coat.
- Let it sit till it dries out (approximately 20-30 minutes) and you feel your skin has tightened.
- Now heat the green tea to lukewarm temperature and set it out to cool a little.
- Peel the mask in an upward motion.
- Wash your face with the green tea water and moisturize skin after this with your preferred moisturizer.
You can use this peel off face mask almost every alternate day for best results. The cucumber will leave your skin feeling soft and supple. Cucumber is also full of anti-bacterial properties that will null pimple-causing factors. The green tea has a calming effect on your skin. The gelatin helps to remove blackheads from your skin.
Potato, Mint, Turmeric Peel off Mask
- ½ potato pureed
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- Boil water and add the mint leaves to it. Let this simmer for a few minutes.
- Strain the leaves out. Add gelatin and potato puree to the mixture.
- Mix till it becomes a paste. Then take it off the heat source.
- Let this mixture cool down enough to be applied on skin without causing burns.
- Apply this thick paste and lather on your face.
- Let the mask dry for about 15 minutes. Then peel off the mask in an upward motion.
- Clean the rest using cotton balls.
- Wash the face with warm water and moisturize skin.
This face mask helps your skin get clearer and cleaner as the gelatin pulls out blackheads and impurities from it and makes it smoother. Turmeric helps in solving acne problems, helps the skin look brighter and helps your skin to fight off infection-causing agents which cause pimples, acne, etc. Mint provides the skin with freshness, regulates oil distribution and cleans out pores. The potato helps your skin look brighter; it removes dark spots, unwanted tan and treats dull looking skin.
These are few natural solutions to use instead of buying costly peel off masks from the market which have high chemical content. If you have any more home made peel off face mask ideas, let us know in the comments below !