Before you know how to reduce face fat, you should know that deposition of fat in face, jaw line and neck are is the indication of increased fat levels in body. Face fat makes you look older and induce wrinkles. Reducing face fat can be achieved by changing your lifestyle, healthy diet and regular exercises. Losing overall body weight also helps in reducing face fat.
- Doctors’ advise on How to reduce Face Fat
- Top 5 easy home remedies to reduce Face Fat
- Over the counter medicines available & known side effects
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Are these remedies safe if I am pregnant or breast feeding ?
- Can these remedies be used on children?
- Frequently asked questions
- Relevant Videos
Doctors’ advise on How to reduce Face Fat
Here’s Dr Honey Arora‘s advise on how to reduce face fat:
Loosing weight from face can be done by a number of ways that includes face exercises that can include cheek blowing, cheek squeezing in, repeating letter “O” and “X” many times in a row, chin up and chin down, rotating the neck etc.
Secondly you can also chew sugar-free chewing gum frequently throughout the day as it helps in toning the muscles as well as reduce facial fat.
You should cut down on carbs and take a nutritious and high fiber diet. Drink plenty of water and eat watery fruits like melons, oranges etc.
Also if you are overweight loosing over all weight will be helpful in toning face shape.
Top 5 easy home remedies to reduce Face Fat
Before you learn how to reduce face fat, you should know that you should take a combined approach of healthy diet and muscle toning exercises to reduce fat.
Here are Top 5 home remedies for how to reduce face fat:
1: Drink cold water
German researchers found that drinking 6 cups of cold water a day (that’s 48 ounces) can raise resting metabolism by about 50 calories daily—enough to shed 5 pounds in a year, with essentially zero additional effort. The increase may come from the work it takes to heat the water to body temperature.
2: Drink coffee or Tea
Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant, so your daily Java jolts can rev your metabolism by 5 to 8 percent—burning about 98 to 174 calories a day. A cup of brewed tea can raise your metabolism by 12 percent, according to one Japanese study. Researchers believe antioxidants called catechins in tea provide the boost.
3: Cut Down Extra Fat
One of the most effective ways to reduce and lose face fat is to cut down on your overall body fat. Following a diet plan and eating less caloric food throughout the day will compel your body to use up stored energy in the form of fat which is scattered in various parts of the body. The places from where your body will first harvest fat are from the neck, face and jaw area.
4: Do Some Facial Exercises
It is important to exercise if you want to keep your face slim. One of the best facial exercises is the puff exercise. To perform this exercise, you need to take a deep breath and hold the air in your mouth, push it into the right cheek for 10 seconds and then switch it to the left. Repeat this as many times as possible. The Smiling exercise also proves very effective as it helps to tighten the cheeks. Making expressive faces such as making ‘O’ shape face with lips or sticking out the tongue help tone your muscles and make your face appear more slim over time.
5: Neck and Jaw movements:
Following movements of neck and jaws are also effective in removing Face fat:
- Neck Elongate: Your hand on your neck, lift your chin upwards. Hold for 30 seconds. Repeat 20 times.
- Neck Lifter: Your hand on your collar bone, move your head up and down. Repeat 30 times.
- Upward and Sideways Look: Tighten the muscles on your face, look up and to your right. Hold this position for some time. Relax and repeat with the other side. Repeat 30 times.
- Chin Eliminator: Stand straight and allow your chin move in and out without moving rest of body. Do it for 5 minutes.
- Gravity Defier: Slightly tilt your chin up and part your lips apart. Repeat 30 times.
Over the counter medicines available & known side effects
Before you think of how to reduce face fat using over the counter medicines, you should know that there is no such medicine that will help you in reducing fat. There are some medications and herbal products available in the market that claim to reduce fat deposition, but their effect and results are not specific.
Always consult with a doctor before taking any medication.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
One should take following precautions for how to reduce face fat:
- Limit or stop alcohol consumption: Consumption of alcohol is not good if you want to reduce fat from you body. Alcohol is full of calories and contribute a lot in fat deposition.
- Stop smoking: Smoking cigarettes or consumption of tobacco can lead to cholesterol accumulation in your blood vessels. Clogged vessels are not capable in moving fat particles out of your system.
- Oily and spicy foods: Avoid eating Oily, fat rich, spicy and sugary foods.
- Soda and soft drinks contains high sugar content, avoid their consumption if you are trying to lose fat.
- Drink more water, keep you body hydrated. One should drink minimum 2 liters of water everyday.
- Sweet Cravings: Skip ice cream, chocolates and candies. Satisfy your sweet cravings with fresh fruits.
- Restrict sodium to 2300 mg/day to reduce water retention, bloating, and to possibly help lower blood pressure.
Are these remedies safe if I am pregnant or breast feeding ?
Since reducing face fat will also reduce over all body weight, so one should not bother losing weight during pregnancy. Loosing weight during pregnancy can be fatal for both mother and fetus. Consult your gynecologist before using medicine or regarding body weight.
However, face and neck exercise are safe to do during pregnancy and breast feeding.
Can these remedies be used on children?
Normally, children doesn’t have the problem of face fat unless a child is overweight or obese. Children can lose weight with a balanced diet and proper physical activities. Consult with a pediatrician regarding weight management program for your child. A pediatrician will prescribe suitable diet plan according to child’s condition.
Frequently asked questions
How to remove fat from neck and jaw line?
Neck and jaw line fat can be reduced with a healthy diet and regular facial exercises.
How long will it take to remove fat from face?
Depending on the amount of fat and you lifestyle, reducing face fat can take up to 2 to 4 weeks. Be consistent with face and neck muscle exercises for better and faster results.
Here’s a video showing how to reduce face fat naturally:
You might find this article interesting Chocolate Brown Hair Colour – Types, Method, OTC Products