Establishing a nightly skincare routine will only take about five minutes of your time. Because everyone has their own specific skin type, it is important to use products that match your skin’s sensitivity. By implementing a nightly care routine, your skin will maintain a youthful appearance longer as well as staying smooth, soft, clear, and most importantly, healthy.
The following is a list of must-do tips for establishing a night care routine:
Use a Makeup Remover to remove your make up and prevent the skin pores from getting clogged:
- If you wear makeup, the first step is to use a quality make-up remover to remove makeup.
- This will ensure that all makeup will be removed when you wash your face.
- Using an alcohol-free toner will help restore the pH of the skin and remove any remaining oils and makeup.
- One can moisten a cotton ball and gently pat the toner over the face and neck.
- Make sure that you follow up with a gentle toner and a hydrating moisturizer to get the best results.
- Even if it is your light daily office wear makeup, you must remove it every day to get healthy and glowing skin.
Use the Facial Cleanser that suits your skin type:
- Use a good quality facial cleanser to clean your face.
- Gently massage the cleanser into the skin.
- Wash your face and neck thoroughly with warm water and the cleanser.
- When you have completed the face cleansing, make sure that you rinse the entire residue off thoroughly.
- Using a cleanser will remove any dirt and debris in and on the skin.
- Warm water will open the pores to allow dirt and bacteria to be released.
- It is also recommended that you use an exfoliate that will penetrate deeper and help remove blackheads.
- Gently pat your face dry and then apply Tea Tree Oil to any acne or acne-prone areas.
Use an Under-Eye Cream:
- Because there are no oil glands around the eye, using an eye cream on the skin around the eye will replenish the skin and reduce puffiness and dark circles.
- Gently apply the cream under and around the eye.
- Follow up with your essence, serum, and moisturizer to get the best results.
- Apply a night cream every night before hitting the bed to get the best results.
Use a light-weight skin essence:
- An essence is a hydro-boost liquid that penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin to repair the damage.
- It must be used right after wiping your face with toner when your skin is ready to absorb all the goodness from the liquidy essence.
- The market is flooded with a lot essence so chose your wisely, go for the one that ideally meant to suit your skin type.
- An essence is usually a water-based product, so you need not worry about the texture of the product, you can use it even if you have extremely oily skin.
Apply a skin serum
- Serums have been in the market for quite some time now but still, there are some misconceptions hovering around the product.
- Serum must be applied after essence and before a moisturizer.
- They have a heavier formulation as compared to essence but a lighter texture when compared to a moisturizer.
- Basically, it is an additional and protective layer of essential vitamins and nutrients for your skin that visibly improve your appearance with regular usage.
Care for your lips:
- Gently wash your lips with warm water on a soft cloth.
- This will remove any dry and dead skin.
- Apply a lip balm to soften and heal chapped lips.
Moisturization is the key to healthy skin:
- Use a good quality moisturizer that will not irritate the skin.
- An all-natural organic moisturizer is a good choice because they do not contain any chemicals or harsh additives.
- The type of moisturizer you use will depend on your skin type such as dry, sensitive, or oily skin.
- A good moisturizer will remove debris, dead skin cells and pollutants, soothe and rejuvenate the skin, nourish the skin with vitamins and minerals, maintain normal ph levels, and help with cell regeneration.
- Using a quality Serum helps protect collagen, reduce redness and discoloration, and reduces age spots, fine lines, brown spots, and wrinkles Both serums and moisturizers help bring new cells to the surface revealing smoother and softer skin and a brighter complexion.
Use a facial oil
- The products that you apply on your face must be applied in accordance with their consistencies.
- The product with the lightest consistency must be applied at first and the product with the heaviest or thickest consistency must be applied at last.
- You may skip this additional skincare step if you have oily skin, but if you have normal to dry skin, then this is something that you must opt for.
- Facial oils lock in the goodness of all the products that you layer up and it also prevents your skin from getting dried and turning flaky in the long-run.
Use your sunscreen lotion daily
- A sunscreen lotion is a must if you want to look your best all throughout your life.
- I have mentioned a lot of times in my previous articles that if you want flawless skin then you must apply a thick layer of sunscreen lotion on top of your moisturizer daily whether you remain indoors or step outside.
- Top it up with a thin layer of compact powder or any translucent powder to keep your sunscreen lotion intact throughout the day.
Eat healthy to keep your skin healthy
- If you want to look your best naturally without applying any make-up, then consume healthy food and adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- Have some healthy fruits every day to make sure that your body receives all the essential nutrients that it craves to function normally.
- Your skin is the largest organ of your body and derives nutrients from what you consume.
- So, cut down sugar consumption if you want to delay the natural process of aging.
- Eat healthy for a healthy body and a healthy mind.
You might find this article interesting How To Reduce Dark Circles