I had a suspicious query lurking in my mind today, is there any use of barley flour (also known a jau) in skincare. The answer is a big yes, you can use barley flour as a natural skin whitening agent in your homemade beauty recipes. Let me tell you why you must consider using jau or barley on your face. Along with that, I am also listing a few effective home remedies that you can use to get clear skin.All the ingredients used to prepare these face packs are 100% natural and completely organic in nature, however, a patch test is strongly recommended from our end.
- If you have wounds or dark spots on your face, then apply a face pack made out of jau, you have to be regular with it and I am sure you will notice a visible change in a few days.
- Improved skin elasticity is the key to look younger than your age. If you want smooth, nourished and healthy skin, then use jau face packs regularly.
- Using a jau face pack will help you get back an even skin tone. If you have no choice but to rely on make-up for a blemish-free look, then try to use jau face pack.
- Hydration is the key if you want soft, healthy and nourished skin. Use this face pack to intensely nourish your skin from deep within.
- Skin brightening is a new trend these days, if you want healthy and bright skin then we strongly recommend all of you to use a skin brightening fack once in a while.
- Clogged pores mostly end up in blackheads and whiteheads, if you get them too then consider using a wheat-flour face pack once in a while to get clear skin.
Homemade Whitening Barley Flour Face Mask Recipe
- Combine 1 tablespoon barley powder and 1 tablespoon milk in a small bowl.
- Add 1½ tablespoons lemon juice (or lime juice) and mix well until you get a thick paste.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser and then apply barley-milk-lemon paste, carefully avoiding your eyes and lips.
- Lie down and relax.
- Rinse off completely with lukewarm water after 10 minutes or so.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Follow up with a toner and a moisturizer to get the best results.
- This face pack is suitable for all skin types and even if you have acne-prone skin, it won’t irritate your skin.
DIY Skin Tightening Barley Powder Honey Facial
- This barley-honey face mask is especially good if you’ve acne-prone skin, or oily skin, or large pores on your face.
- Egg whites help draw out excess oil and grease from the pores while temporarily tightening and firming the skin so large pores appear smaller.
- Honey, known for its powerful antibacterial and inflammatory properties, helps control and prevent future pimple and acne breakouts.
- In a small bowl, mix ½ tablespoon barley flour with ½ tablespoon honey.
- Whip 1 egg white until frothy and add to barley/honey mixture.
- Mix all ingredients together to form a smooth paste.
- Generously spread the paste all over your clean face, but make sure not to apply it around the eye and mouth areas.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Finish off with a splash of icy cold water to close the pores.
- After that, apply your regular toner and moisturizer to get the best results.
Face Brightening Barley Papaya Face Mask Recipe
- Papayas not only offer great taste but are an excellent source of potent antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, Vitamin C and E, all of which are essential for promoting healthy skin.
- In addition, papaya also contains the enzyme papain that helps remove dead skin cells to reveal brighter and softer skin naturally without harmful chemical peels.
- Mash 1 small piece of fresh papaya (seeds removed) with the back of a fork until smooth, or place in a food processor and blend on high speed for about 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons barley powder and 1 tablespoon raw honey, and mix until well combined.
- If you’re using the blender, blend on high for an extra minute.
- Apply barley-papaya mask evenly and liberally to your face, and leave on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with cool water.
- To lock in the nourishment from this face pack, follow up with a toner and moisturizer.
Skin Lightening Barley Cranberry Body and Face Scrub Recipe
- This natural homemade barley cranberry face scrub is great for all skin types and is highly recommended for people prone to blackheads, those with lackluster, dry skin, or prematurely aged skin.
- Cranberries provide a host of significant anti-aging benefits mainly due to its high concentrations of antioxidants, Vitamins B3, B5, and C.
- Cranberries help increase cell turnover and protect skin from environmental damage such as cold winter weather.
- Place ½ cup frozen cranberries, ¼ cup virgin coconut oil (or olive oil), ¼ cup sugar and 2-3 tablespoons (or more) barley flour in a food processor.
- Process all ingredients for approximately 20 seconds.
- Wet your face with water and apply barley scrub.
- Gently massage with your fingertips in circular motions for 30 seconds, focusing on areas where you’ve blackheads.
- Wash off thoroughly with water. Pat your face dry with a soft towel. Then apply your favorite toner and face cream to lock in moisture.
- For using it on your entire body, pay extra attention to rough, dry areas such as your knees and elbows.
- It is a mild scrub that will gently exfoliate your skin and remove all traces of dirt and gunk stuck in your body in no time.
- Use it twice a week and you are good to go.
- To get the best results, finish off with a toner and a moisturizer.
Apart from using it on your face, you must consider consuming barley as well as it gives you multiple health benefits:
Consume barley for improving your overall health
- Regular consumption of barley helps to improve digestion.
- Your bones tend to become brittle and lose calcium as you age if you want to prevent this problem then gorge on some barley.
- A lot of people suffer from cholesterol these days, and regular consumption of barley helps to keep cholesterol in check.
You might find this article interesting Homemade Peel Off Face Mask For All Skin Types