Till now various studies have shown that coconut oil can boost weight loss. If you are still using sunflower oil, mustard oil or extra virgin olive oil then consider replacing it with extra virgin coconut oil if you want to stay in the pink of your health. It is not only a healthier alternative but also fits every budget, besides that it is easily available all over the country. It is a budget-friendly option to go for and it promotes the your well-being as in the long-run as well.
- In one study, it was found that the participants who were consuming 1 to 2 tablespoons (one ounce) of medium chain fats (found in coconut oil) burned an extra 120 calories per day.
- This is good news for those who are counting calories in order to lose weight.
- So, if you also want to lose weight and flaunt your body this festive season, then start using extra virgin coconut oil immediately to look your best in every attire.
- In another study, 31 overweight men and women who were trying to lose weight were given a spoonful of coconut or olive oil each day for four months to see what oil, if any, would help with weight loss.
- The women consumed a bit over 1 tablespoon and the men consumed about two tablespoons (one ounce).
- The study revealed that after four months, those who consumed the coconut oil lost an average of 7 pounds, but those who consumed olive oil lost only 3 pounds.
- The scientists believed that the difference was that the metabolism of those who consumed coconut oil increased much more than those who consumed olive oil.
- Hence it is not only good for weight loss but also for removing toxins from your body.
- A toxin-free body glows from deep within and imparts a subtle glow on the face naturally.
How to add coconut oil in your daily diet – General guidelines
- The best time to consume coconut oil is about half an hour before mealtimes, as coconut oil has satiating effects that make you feel fuller, thus helping in weight loss.
Want to know some recipes with coconut oil, keep reading this post till the end and then prepare these lip-smacking delicacies to munch on this weekend.
- With nuts being so healthy for your body, consider preparing nut butter for good health and weight loss.
- To prepare this, grind two cups of cashews or almonds with two tablespoons of coconut oil until the mixture is smooth and buttery.
- You can throw in some honey, ground coffee, cinnamon, or maple syrup to add more flavor. Feel free to use nut butter on toast, English muffins, or bagels for a delicious and healthy breakfast.
Extra virgin coconut oil can be used for baking food items
- Since coconut oil can be used under high temperatures, you can use it to replace butter when baking foods like cookies, muffins, cakes, and brownies.
- Coconut oil can be used to substitute other oils (as well as butter) in nearly all baking recipes. To bake with coconut oil, replace your other oil by using a 1:1 ratio.
Extra virgin coconut oil can be used for roasting vegetables
- Vegetables like zucchini, beets, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash can be brushed with a mixture of thyme, lemon juice, coconut oil, salt, and paper to give them a desirable coconut flavor.
- Go ahead and sauté them using coconut oil or brush them with it and cook them on the grill. There’s nothing like grilled vegetables!
Munch on a bowl of popcorn while watching your favorite movie
- Coconut oil is known to nicely popcorn kernels when it is used instead of normal vegetable fat. Hold off on the butter to maximize your weight loss regimen.
A word of caution
There are 2 types of coconut oil:
- Virgin coconut oil (VCO), is made by pressing fresh coconut meat, milk or milk residue.
- Refined, or RBD, oil is made from the coconut copra or dried kernel and may be chemically treated.
Choose virgin coconut oil because it is prepared with no chemicals in the process, it is extracted with cold-pressed technology and smells of pure coconuts. You can also use extra virgin coconut oil on your body.
Benefits of using extra virgin coconut oil as a body massage oil
- Our body tends to get fatigued after a day’s hard work, and if you want to fall asleep fast and wake up with a refreshed aura, then massage your body with extra virgin coconut oil after a hot shower.
- It penetrates into the deeper layers of your skin easily.
- It leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- It improves your overall immunity with regular usage.
Use extra-virgin coconut oil as a make up remover
- It is really important to remove makeup before hitting the bed.
- You must use some kind of makeup remover to remove your make up, carry out your regular nighttime skincare regime and then hit the bed.
- Extra virgin coconut oil is an excellent makeup remover, all you have to do is, soak a little bit of molten extra virgin coconut oil in a cotton ball.
- Dab it all over your face to get rid of make-up.
- Follow up with a face wash.
- Pat dry your skin with a towel.
- Apply a generous amount of a facial essence followed by a serum and moisturizer to get the best results.
- You can use coconut oil to remove your daily make-up easily at the comfort of your home to get clear skin.
DIY Coconut oil hair mask recipe for long and strong hair
- Extra virgin coconut oil: 1 teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1 teaspoon
- Manuka honey: 1 tablespoon
- Overripe bananas: 2
- Mash the banana into a smooth paste.
- Break all the lumps and add in all the other ingredients in it.
- Make a smooth paste.
- Comb your hair to make sure that it is free from tangles.
- Divide your hair into small sections.
- Apply a generous amount of this hair mask on each section of your hair with a hair-dye brush.
- Also, massage your scalp with this mixture.
- Keep this hair mask on for 5 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with your regular shampoo.
- To get the best results, use this hair mask twice a week.
You might find this article interesting V Ups, Benefits And Steps To Do It