Epsom salt is a commonly used ingredient in every kitchen but very few of us know it can also be used for our facial skin. Epsom salt is rich in magnesium and thus it helps in making our skin look two times younger. It heals the skin, removes scars, removes pigmentation, marks etc. It is far better than many synthetic skin care products available in the market at exorbitantly high prices.
Read further to know more about how epsom salt can be used for a younger looking skin:
EPSOM SALT FACE MASK FOR GLOWING SKIN
- Mash half a papaya and add half a mashed avocado to it.
- Then, add half a tablespoon of Epsom salt to this.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Apply this to your face and massage in upward circular motion for about 5 minutes.
- Keep it as it is for 15 minutes
- Then, rinse it off with normal water and do not apply anything to your face afterward.
- Do this remedy twice a week for shiny, glowing skin.
EPSOM SALT FOR TREATING PIGMENTATION
- Pour a tablespoon of epsom salt to a glass of lukewarm water.
- Mix the two ingredients properly, till salt completely dissolves.
- Soak a cotton pad in this solution and dab it on the problem areas like around mouth, nose, T- zone.
- Let it sit for 20- 30 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with normal water and pat dry your face.
- Do this remedy thrice a week or every alternate day for the best results.
EPSOM SALT FOR REMOVING BLACKHEADS
- To a tablespoon of gram flour, add half a tablespoon of epsom salt.
- Then, add a tablespoon of rose water to this mixture. Mix all the ingredients properly.
- Apply this natural scrub to your face and gently scrub for 7- 8 minutes.
- Then, rinse it off with cold water and apply an ice cube all over your face to shut the open skin pores.
- Do this remedy once a week for keeping your skin clear and away from blackheads and dirt.
EPSOM SALT FOR FACIAL MASSAGE
- In a tablespoon of almond oil, add half a tablespoon of epsom salt.
- Let the salt dissolve in the oil completely.
- Apply this oil to your face and massage in upward circular motion for 10 minutes.
- Then, wipe it off with a towel soaked in lukewarm water.
- Do this remedy preferably at night and do not wash your face with a face wash or any soap until next morning.
- Do this facial massage twice a week.
Epsom salt helps in releasing the stress and makes you feel light and stress- free, thus helps your skin to shine and look young.
EPSOM SALT FOR REMOVING SPOTS/SCARS
- Add 2 teaspoons of Epsom salt to a 2 teaspoons of Multani mitti.
- Add two teaspoons of rose water to it and mix all the ingredients properly.
- Apply this to the affected areas i.e. on your spots. Let it dry.
- Then, rinse it off with normal water and pat dry your skin. Do not apply any moisturizer afterward.
- Do this remedy every alternate day for 3 weeks to get rid of the scars and spots.