Oatmeal might seem like the last thing on earth you would use on your hair and skin when you hear it at first. But it turns out that it is exactly what you need to get that spot-free skin and smooth hair. It can act as a cleanser, exfoliator, conditioner and much more providing the skin and hair with nourishment and care. Let us see read on to find out now.
#1 Oatmeal Face Mask to Fight Acne
- Take a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of oatmeal into it.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and ½ tablespoon of lemon juice in the bowl.
- Now add few drops of tea tree oil and mix all ingredients well together.
- Mix them well until they form a paste.
- Apply this paste gently using clean fingers all over your face giving special concentration to the affected areas.
- Give yourself a massage by rubbing the paste in a circular motion.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with Luke warm water and splash cold water to close the pores.
- Use this mask twice a week regularly for visible and best results.
Oatmeal is an excellent choice of ingredient to fight against the acne-prone skin. It can absorb and remove excess oil preventing acne from forming. It exfoliates dead skin cells removing the impurities and other dirt from the skin thus maintaining the skin’s pH level.
#2 Oatmeal as Dry Shampoo
- Take 1 cup of oatmeal and grind it well into a fine powder.
- Add half a cup of baking soda to this oatmeal powder.
- Mix them both well until they blend together.
- Transfer the mixture into an old talcum powder bottle.
- Sprinkle the powder on your hair from roots to all parts thoroughly.
- Brush your hair after you applied the powder.
- You can store the powder for later use.
- Wash your hair after one-hour application.
- Repeat once a week to get shiny, clean and oil-free air.
Oatmeal is ideal as shampoo for the oily and sticky hair. It is best option to use as a dry shampoo that can quickly get rid of oil in the hair without you having to waste lots of time rinsing. It removes all dirt, oil and leaves your hair with great smell making it a wonderful choice that is quick and easy.
#3 Oatmeal pack for Suntan Removal
- Take a bowl and add 1 or 2 cups of oatmeal powder in it.
- Add more if your tan is heavy and reduce if light.
- Add half a cup of milk or buttermilk to this powder.
- Mix both ingredients well until they form a smooth paste.
- One can add lemon juice if necessary, not suitable for dry skin.
- Use clean fingers to apply the paste on your face and tanned areas.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water to close the pores.
- Use it twice a week for best and suitable results.
Oatmeal is also extremely effective in treating suntan and other harmful effects produced as a result of UV rays exposure. The exfoliating property in oatmeal is capable of removing dead skin cells and can soothe the skin making it recover from the effects of the sun exposure.
You might find this article interesting Natural Tips to get Rid of Tired Face
You might find this article interesting Home Made Skin Tightening Cream to Look Younger
You might find this article interesting Natural Remedies Effective for Blackhead Removal at Home