If you are one of those who is very concerned about your beauty, then, lip care is definitely the first thing that is taken into consideration. The reason being that your lips play a vital role in a persons look. For this reason, lipstick and lip gloss is more important than any other makeup item. Well, cosmetics market is flooded with companies making lipsticks and glosses. There is one thing that you should always remember before using these cosmetics. They might give your soft and pink lips for a few hours but ultimately, they’ll degrade the quality of your skin. Certain cosmetics create a kind of dependency on your body. Even the best brands might have serious side effects. It’s always better that you opt for herbal products instead of chemical cosmetics. Let’s see how we can get healthy lips at home.
1. Lemon juice– It’s one of the best natural skin bleaching agents. It helps to reduce the darkness of lips and dark spots. For cigarette smokers, it can be an elixir lip care liquid. It reduces the darkening resulted due to nicotine content in it. Let’s see it’s application.
a. Method 1:
1. Just massage your lips with lemon juice.
2. Leave it for 3 minutes.
3. Rinse your lips with lukewarm water.
4. This method can be used twice a day.
b. Method 2: Along with brown sugar
1. Take a lemon and slice it into half.
2. Put some brown sugar on it and squeeze it a bit.
3. Mix the lemon and brown sugar with your finger.
4. Now rub it on your lips for 2 minutes.
5. Wash with lukewarm water.
6. Doing it on a daily basis would maintain the quality of your lips.
c. Method 3: As a lip balm
1. Mix half teaspoon glycerin and honey each.
2. Now add few drops of lemon juice.
3. Apply it before going to bed.
4. Wash with lukewarm water in the morning.
5. On a daily basis, you’ll get great results within a month.
2. Coconut oil- Being one of the best natural moisturizers, coconut oil softens your lips and increases the healing process of dried lips. It also prevents from various infections. Lets see how we can use coconut oil to maintain healthy and soft lips.
1. Just prepare a mixture of olive oil and coconut oil in a bowl.
2. Store it in a bottle and keep out in the sun with the cap closed.
3. It can be used after 4-5 hours of sunlight.
4. Now apply some of it as a lip moisturizer.
5. This method can be used everyday.
3. Rose- Rich in Vitamin E, rose petals are very good for nourishing your lips. When used along with milk, the lactic acid of milk helps in exfoliating the dead skin of lips. In this way, this remedy is a proper combo of exfoliation of the old dead skin and maintenance of the new skin by providing nourishment to it. Let’s look at the procedure.
1. In a bowl of milk, soak fresh rose petals for 3 hours.
2. Mash the petals to prepare a paste.
3. Apply the paste on your lips.
4. Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse it with cold water.
5. Make sure you use this remedy for 5 days a week regularly at least for a month.
4. Aloe Vera- One of the best natural ways to remove the layer of dead skin of our lips. It also strengthens the thin layer of skin of your lips. Apart from that it also provides a cooling effect and protects the lip skin from sunlight. Let’s find out how to use it.
1. Cut the leaf sideways and scoop out the gel into a container.
2. Apply the gel on your lips before going to bed. Keep the rest of the gel in a refrigerator.
3. Rinse it with cold water when you wake up.
4. Use it everyday and you’ll see great results within a few weeks.
5. Green tea bags- The antioxidants and tannins present in green tea are the best natural hydrating agents for skin. These are also the best relievers of the burning sensation caused due to dry skin.
1. Just prepare green tea using a tea bag.
2. Take out the green tea bag and place it on your lips.
3. Leave it for 5 minutes.
4. Rinse your lips with lukewarm water.
5. Use this method 6 days a week.
6. Butter- This food not only smoothens the cuisine, but also your lips.
It is one of the oldest remedies for luscious lips. Exfoliating your lips using butter can soothe your lips to a great extent.
1. Rub some butter on your lips before going to bed.
2. In the morning, use a toothbrush to exfoliate your lips gently.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water.
4. Use this method once a week. In a few weeks, you’ll be impressed by the quality of lips.
7. Beetroot- A proper combo of bleaching and moisturizing properties helps to keep your lips soft and pink. No more dark lips. It’s very effective on case of smokers as well. Let’s see how.
1. Just juice the beetroot and pour it into a bowl.
2. Massage your lips with it before going to bed.
3. Rinse it with lukewarm water in the morning.
4. This remedy can be used everyday. You’ll be surprised by it’s quick results. In a week, you’ll have pinker lips and within a month, it’s softening benefits would be evident.
8. Honey- This liquid gold is very effective for your lips. It is a combination of moisturizer, antibacterial liquid and cleanser. With numerous benefits, it one of the most recommended natural remedies for most of the lip problems. Let’s see how to use it.
1. Rub some honey on your lips before going to bed.
2. Rinse it with cold water in the morning.
3. Use it on a daily basis. Within a week, you’ll get to see the benefits of this method.
9. Pomegranate- Well, this one is one of the most effective and instant remedy for dark lips. Apart from that it’s also a very good moisturizer. You just need to follow theses steps to use the remedy.
1. Just mix 1 tbsp. of crushed pomegranate seeds with milk cream and rose water.
2. Apply the paste for a five and scrub it for two more minutes.
3. Wash it with lukewarm water.
4. Use it once a week and you’ll see good results in a month.