It is everyone’s dream. To have baby soft pink lips without having to use Chapstick or Lip balm or Gloss all the time. Although all of are born with pretty pink and soft lips, it doesn’t stay that way as we grow.
Some say smokers get black lips but given the amount of pollution in the world right now, even non-smokers are developing pigmentation and blackness on their lips.
It is true that we would love a shade of dark red or black on our lips once in a while, but not all of us would like to wear the gothic look permanently. So, today I have with me some useful and simple home remedies that can get you not only pink but soft lips in no time and with minimal effort.
Remedy 1 with Pomegranate and Milk Cream
Pomegranate is the A1 among her fruit friends. She is always high in demand and is costlier too. But she is worth all of this because of the numerous benefits she brings with her. Pomegranate as a fruit is extremely healthy for the human body and can cure big time problems like anaemia easily. But for lip care, we are going to go for the less famous seeds that contain “Punicalagins”. This can stop the melanin production preventing darkening of lips and can give soft, pink lips when combined with milk cream.
- Pomegranate seeds
- Cold milk cream
- Cut open the pomegranate and remove the seeds.
- Crush the seeds until they become liquid like.
- Take a bowl, add the seeds and milk cream into it.
- Mix them well until they form a paste with good consistency. |
- Clean your lips before applying.
- After applying, leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water later.
- Repeat twice or thrice a week for best and immediate results.
Remedy 2 with Rose Petals
As the name suggests, rose petals are highly effective to achieve rosy, pink and soft lips. Rose petal can cure discolouration and ensure lightening of the lips leaving it pink and soft. The natural oil and sugar in rose petal responsible for this. Rose petals can give moisture to the lips and deepens the effect when combined with milk.
- 5-6 fresh rose petals
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Take a bowl of milk and soak the rose petals in them.
- Leave them to soak for over a night.
- The next day, crush the petals and mash them to form a paste.
- Add some milk to the petals paste to form a smooth paste that can be applied to your lips.
- Apply the paste to clean lips and leave it on for 15- 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Rose petals with milk is an inexpensive and easy remedy that can be used on a daily basis as there are no harmful side effects.
Remedy 3 with Cocoa
Yes, that’s right. We can use chocolate to get pink and soft lips. I am pretty sure most of you are going to stop reading the article at this point and go chocolate hunting. Should have mentioned it at the last, my bad. Anyway, chocolate is an excellent cure for dry, dehydrated lips. As always, remember it is dark chocolate that is used for this remedy. It can improve hydration of the lips and nourish them using its antioxidant properties.
- One teaspoon of Cocoa butter
- Two – three pieces of unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- Take a pan and put the chocolate bars in them, along with cocoa butter.
- Heat the pan and melt the ingredients.
- Add Vitamin E capsule to this mixture.
- Heat it some more and then let it cool.
- Once it is in a temperature bearable for the lips apply it on your clean lips.
- Leave the mask on for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove it off with lukewarm water.
- This mask can be used anytime, any number of times you want. Most effective when you feel your lips are dehydrated.
Remedy 4 with Honey and Lemon
The non-surprising-mandatory one on the list. Honey and Lemon are the cure to almost any beauty problem in the world. I cannot recall one article I have written without lemon and honey in it. So, it is obvious that they can cure blackened lips too. Honey, as we all know, is an excellent moisturizer and lemon a natural bleach. Lemon can lighten the lips, while honey makes sure they remain soft and moisturized.
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Take a bowl and add both ingredients.
- Mix them both well until they blend together to form a smooth paste.
- Clean your lips and apply the mixture on it.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Apply lip balm after.
- Use daily for best and quick results.
Remedy 5 with Lemon and Glycerine
Once again lemon makes the list, this time with Glycerine, a much stronger hydrating agent that can keep your lips soft and moisturized while lemon does its work as the natural lightening agent removing pigmentation and paving the way to pink lips.
- One teaspoon of glycerine
- Take a bowl and squeeze fresh lemon juice into it.
- Add few drops of glycerine to this.
- Mix them well and then pour into an air-tight bottle and keep it aside for a week.
- You can also refrigerate it.
- After this, apply the mixture to your clean lips.
- It will dry off on its own and there is no need to wash it off.
- Repeat daily for best and immediate results.
These five pointers are simple home remedies that can give you soft, pink and healthy lips. Apart from these measures, one must also keep up certain things in daily life to ensure the softness of the lips like cutting down on tea and coffee, not burning lips with hot beverages, sleeping for 8 hours or more and by avoiding smoking.
Drinking lots of water and eating food items with rich water content is also useful. Do try them all and let us know about you soft lips journey in the comments section below.
You might find this article interesting How To Get Rid of Dark Lip Corners