Weight loss is a very enduring and hard process which can shatter the motivation of a lot of people. The idea of sticking to a prescribed diet, exercise and refrain from all things good is enough for a person to let go of their weight loss ambitions altogether. Granted that a diet and exercise are more than essential for weight loss, there are other methods as well which are capable of reducing your weight. These home remedies listed below might not give you toned abs and flexed muscles but it will stop you gaining more weight and also lose some in the process.
You Will Need:
- 1 Dried Ginseng Root
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon Powder
- Put a cup of water to boil for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the dried ginseng root in the boiling water and leave it for about 45 minutes to simmer over low heat.
- Put a sieve over the cup and strain the ginseng liquid from it into another bowl. Let the water cool down to room temperature.
- Now, add a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in the ginseng liquid and mix them well to make a clear solution.
- You can drink this water, or ginseng tea, two times a day for better results. This tea can be taken cold as well as a little warm depending on the mood of a person.
Ginseng is a Chinese herb hugely popular for its weight loss benefits and as an energy booster. There is a compound called adaptogen found in ginseng which directs the cells to store less fat and also regulate diabetes. This compound helps our body to better cope with physical, environmental and emotional stress.
You Will Need:
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- Peel and mash a couple of garlic cloves to extract the juice from it. Mash the cloves into very small pieces.
- Heat a cup of water and bring it to a boil until the bubbles start forming.
- Bring it out from the heat and add a tablespoon of lemon juice in it. Give it a little stir so that the juice mixes in the water completely.
- Now, add the mashed garlic cloves and its juice to the lemon and warm water mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients together until a strong homogenous solution is created. You can even blend the solution to get a little thinner consistency and small pieces of garlic.
- Drink the whole cup in a single go or keep it in the fridge and drink it before going to bed.
- You can make big portions of this liquid and keep it beside your nightstand to drink every day before going to bed.
One of the biggest drawbacks of garlic is its acute pungent smell. It has stopped a lot of people from incorporating garlic into their daily routine and keep a check on their weight. Garlic has anti-cancer properties and it also improves the heart health and metabolism of the body enabling it to dodge food at regular intervals. It also lowers the cholesterol level of the body with some help from the lemon juice.
You Will Need:
- 4-5 Neem Leaves
- Pluck some fresh neem leaves and crush them into a thick pulp using a mortar and pestle or a grinder.
- Put the thick neem pulp in a cheesecloth and wrap it tightly.
- Press the cheesecloth to extract the neem juice from the pulp. Store this juice in a separate container or a bowl.
- Add a cup of water to this juice and stir the solution together for some time.
- Drink a whole cup of this wonderful neem juice to start losing weight instantaneously. You can add some seasoning or honey to the mixture if you can’t drink it in one go. Remember to add honey in place of sugar.
- You can store this drink in a fridge or make it fresh every time you desire it. Drink this neem juice once every day before eating dinner.
Neem is a rich source of antioxidants and also has anti-inflammatory as well antimicrobial properties. These properties aid in weight loss as they increase the metabolism of the body and also improve the digestive system. Neem helps in flushing out the toxins from our body which are responsible for weight gain in a lot of people. This all-natural homemade recipe should be easy to make and has a lot of benefits apart from hair fall.
You Will Need:
- 5-6 Gurmar Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon of Honey
- Put a pan of water over medium heat to boil for about 5 minutes.
- Crush the Gurmar leaves a bit and then put in the boiling water to steep for 10-15 minutes. The water should start changing color to green gradually.
- Strain the liquid and Gurmar leaves. Keep the Gurmar infused water in a separate container or bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to this liquid and then mix them together to make s smooth drink. You can add some more honey if you don’t like the taste of Gurmar water.
- Drink this water while it is a little warm for best results. You can take this drink before or after eating depending on your choice.
- Use this water every day to see a drastic change in your weight and body shape. This drink should only be avoided by pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Gurmar leaves are very common in India. They can be found in most of the Indian households and has been a crucuial ingredeint for weight loss since ancient times as well. The strength of gurmar leaves is so much that eating the leaves raw can also curb your appetite.
You Will Need:
- 1 Green Tea Bag
- Put a cup of water to boil.
- Add a green tea bag when the water starts to boil and keep it in for about 5-7 minutes.
- Take the water off the heat and wait for an additional 2-3 minutes until the green tea seeps in the water.
- Strain the green tea bag and give the mixture a strong stir.
- Sip on the green tea while its still relatively warm.
- Repeat this step once very evening to keep a check on your weight gain and cholesterol level.
Green tea has been on the frontier of weight loss by herbal and ayurvedic methods. The anti-oxidant rich ingredeint boosts your metabolism, burns fat, improves muscle performance and also suppress your appetite giving you all around weight loss.