Dandruff is nothing but a layer of dead skin on your scalp. It is not at all related to hair. If you have dandruff, it means that you are not taking good care of the scalp. Below we have given natural ways to get rid of dandruff permanently
1. Wash your hair regularly
1.a Wash your hair regularly with an anti-dandruff shampoo. Initially wash hair every day and then 2-3 times per week
1.b Leave shampoo for at least 5 minutes to work. Let shampoo work on the scalp for at least 5 minutes before you wash it
1.c Brush your hair after shower and shampoo
If you have dandruff, brush your hair after shower and shampoo, it will distribute the oil that is naturally occurring in your scalp and hair over the entire surface of your head
Brush outward, it will distribute oil from the scalp along with your entire head.
2. Apply yogurt on scalp
Apply yogurt on the scalp, leave it for 10-15 minutes and then wash with water. After that rinse your hair with shampoo
Break up 2-3 tablets of aspirin and add this powder to your shampoo. When shampooing, leave the shampoo in your hair for two minutes before rinsing
4. Dandruff affects most people in the world, but if you want to get rid of it permanently then add a few drops of tea tree essential oil to your regular carrier oil and massage your scalp with it. Keep it overnight, this will help you get rid of scalp infestations and dandruff.
5. Apply some aloe vera gel on your scalp and massage it well at least 20 minutes bef0re taking a shower. If you do not have sensitive skin then go ahead and mix a few drops of lemon juice in aloe vera to make it more effective.
6. Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar. If you have dandruff on your scalp then make a hair rinse at home by mixing a 1/3rd cup of apple cider vinegar and 750 ml of purified water. Rinse your hair with this solution to make your hair more bouncy and shiny.
7. Use baking soda solution to combat dandruff and a flaky scalp. Take a tablespoon of baking soda in a cup of water. Dip a cotton ball in the solution and dab it gently all over your scalp, leaving out the hair strands. This will help you get rid of dandruff in a month’s time.
8. Try Listerine mouthwash to get rid of dandruff. All you have to do is add half a cup of Listerine mouthwash in 1 cup of water, mix it well to form a solution. Rinse your hair with this after using shampoo to clean your hair. Follow up with a hair conditioner and a hair serum afterward.
9. Use garlic cloves to bid adieu to dandruff fast. Just crush a few garlic cloves into a paste and mix it with a teaspoon of honey. Apply this concoction with the help of a cotton ball on your scalp and let it dry out. Wash off with a shampoo and conditioner. For the best results, try this home remedy at least twice a week.
10. You must know about aspirin’s use for treating headaches but it has another little known benefits for the skin and the scalp. Aspirin contains salicylic acid in it which provides it with potent anti-inflammatory properties. Salicylic acid can also help cleanse the skin by helping remove dead skin cells from the skin. That is why you will find it to be an ingredient in many anti-dandruff shampoos. To use it, just crush up a couple of aspirin tablets and use the resultant powder to wash your hair. You can mix it with your shampoo before its application or make a rinse by dissolving it in water and then using it to rinse the hair and scalp.
11. Neem is a terrific Indian tree which holds extremely healthy properties and one of those is its potent anti-fungal properties. Thus, it can prove to be a very effective remedy to treat dandruff. Furthermore, it is also anti-inflammatory and also possesses anti-microbial properties. Hence, it is capable of removing some of the most common and likely reasons behind dandruff. You can utilize this, by making a powder out of neem leaves by crushing them and then subsequently using them on the scalp by combining it with some healthy carrier oil like olive oil.
12. You can also use some lemon juice to help get rid of dandruff from the scalp. Lemon has great cleansing and exfoliation properties as it helps get rid of stuff like accumulated dead skin cells on the skin. Moreover, it is quite an acidic substance and it can aid in the balancing of the pH levels of the scalp which could be a big step in eliminating dandruff from the scalp. To use it for this purpose, you can just apply some fresh lemon juice on your scalp, dilute it with some water to manage its potency.
13. Lemongrass oil is another one of the beneficial oils which can help get rid of dandruff from the scalp. It has potent anti-microbial properties and also has effective anti-inflammatory properties too. Thus it may prove to be quite an effective remedy to bust dandruff out from your head. Moreover, it has a fantastic aroma to give your hair and scalp. To use it just add some drops of lemongrass oil in your shampoo to infuse its properties into it.
14. Similarly to a couple of previous remedies here, coconut oil is another one of these oils which can help you get rid of your dandruff for good. It can help hydrate the skin and the skin very well and also possesses strong anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties. Thus, it can certainly be a strong contender against dandruff in your scalp. Using it is simple and straightforward, just massage some of it on your scalp an hour or two before you shower. What is more that, coconut oil is great for the nourishment of the skin and will improve the health and state of your scalp as long as you use it moderately.
You might find this article interesting How To Make Hair Thick, Easy Home Remedies For Women