The most common mistake that most of us do with our hair is that we tie them tightly before going to bed. If you also do the same let me tell you it can cause breakage. Always leave your hair free before going to bed. If you want to avoid morning tangles, try sleeping on a satin pillowcase. It’s easier on both your hair and your face
If you have very long hair it might be difficult to leave them open but knot should be very loose, if you put your hair into a high bun before you sleep! It will only create damage, and you might get that halo of frizz when you take the bun out in the morning!
Always brush your hair before your head hits the pillow, it ensures that when you wake up, minimal knots and damage will have occurred. Giving your hair a good brush from root to tip will also help to spread you natural hair oils from your scalp, to coat your hair all over, helping to protect it from friction damage while you sleep.
If you don’t want to change your bedding/pillowcases to silk or satin, then you can go for Satin Night Caps & Silk Scarves. Nightcaps have the added benefit of constraining longer hair so that it doesn’t get moved around and roughed as much during the night. Or if you cannot find a silk or satin night cap, you use a silk scarf for the same effect. Tie the square or triangle-shaped scarf around your head, so that it keeps and covers your strands. Secure it with a loose knot on the crown of your head rather than in your neck to prevent any sleeping discomfort.
Here are some more useful tips:
- Never hit the bed without removing accessories from your hair.
- Always comb through your hair with a hair vitalizer before going to bed.
- Use a detangler comb in tandem with a wide-toothed comb to avoid hair loss and breakage.
- Always cover up your hair with a scarf before stepping out.
- Drink enough water.
- Don’t pull your back tight in a ponytail or horsetail for too long.
- Never use hair care products that have sulfates, dyes or parabens.
- Do not smoke or drink too much.
- Minimize the usage of hair-styling tools.
- Use a hair protectant spray before using a hair styling tool.
- Never sleep when your hair is wet.
Apart from these tips, I am listing down an easy natural hair mask recipe for all of you:
Aloe-vera gel-honey face mask for shiny, bouncy hair
- Manuka honey: 1 tablespoon
- Aloe vera gel: 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice: half a teaspoon
- Add all the ingredients in a clean container.
- Mix it well.
- Put on your gloves.
- Comb through your hair to make sure it is detangled.
- Divide your hair into small sections.
- Use a hair color applicator to apply this hair mask from the roots to the tips.
- Wear your shower cap to prevent this mask from dripping and staining your clothes.
- Keep it on for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Apply a shampoo and hair conditioner.
- After that, apply hair serum.
- Blow-dry your hair.
- Comb with a wide-toothed comb.
Apply this hair mask twice a week with a gap of 3 days in between to get the best results.
You might find this article interesting Oatmeal Bath – 10 Ultimate Ways To Relax Your Skin
You might find this article interesting Top 5 Home Remedies For Beauty Based on Benefits of Aloe Vera