What is Normoz?
Normoz is the brand name of a for women only mineral and vitamins oral tablets which is helpful in the solving the fertility related problems. It is manufactured by Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd. This is available in the packaging of ten tablets per strip.
- What are the Generic Name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take If I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to Children and Infants ?
- Is Normoz available as over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What are the Generic Name(s)?
Normoz has Chromium Picolinate as its main generic. It also contains some other component generics , below given are their names with composition per tablet:
- Chromium picolinate : 100 MCG
- D-chiro-Inositol : 13.8 MG
- Myo-inositol : 550 MG
- Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) : 200 IU
How does it work ?
It is relevant to mention here that Inositols are a group of naturally occurring compounds of carbohydrates. Their unique combination’s advantages when they are in proper ratio in the body have been recent found.
Vitamin D3 helps in the better metabolism of glucose.
What are it’s uses ?
Normoz tablet have the following uses:
- It manages Poly cystic ovarian syndrome and help the women to conceive.
- Apart for helping achieving pregnancy, it also minimizes the risk of infertility associated with PCOS (Poly cystic ovarian syndrome).
- It helps in achieving normal menstruation in PCOS patients
- It reduces other related symptoms like alopecia, hirsutism etc.
- It also helps in reducing the blood pressure.
- It is useful in increasing progesterone hormone level in the female body and might find some use in inducing weight loss too.
How effective is this medicine ?
Normoz is a very effective medicine for all the conditions mentioned above, if it is taken in the correct dosage frequency for the prescribed period of time by the doctor.
What are the Side Effects ?
Some common side effects include :
- Facial swelling (swellings on mouth, throat, lips and/or tongue)
- Feeling of breathlessness
- Skin rashes
What is the Dosage ?
Generally it is advised to take two times per day.The duration of the course of this medicine can be as low as that of six weeks to six months in some cases. Please consult with your doctor regarding the dosage and the duration of the course of this medicine, as it varies from one case to another.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
First and foremost thing is to follow the doctor’s advise on the dosage and the duration of the course of this medicine. Some precautions to take for this medicine are listed below:
- You must ensure that you are not allergic to any of the component of this medicine. Do share openly with your doctor any history of allergies you might have faced.
- One should not be depressed, as this can dampen the effect of the medicine. Do take experts help as situations around pregnancy often tend to induce depression in many ladies.
- One should thoroughly discuss the current medications being taken with the doctor. It has to be ensured that they can be continued safely along with this medicine.
Is it safe to take If I am pregnant ?
No, it is not safe to take Normoz if your are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy, as not much study has been done to provide any concrete evidence in both support and against the use .It is better to avoid and consult with your doctor thoroughly if being prescribed for this medicine. Please share the status of your pregnancy with your doctor.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
No, it is not safe to take Normoz if you are breastfeeding or are planning for breast feeding, as not much study has been done to provide any concrete evidence in both support of and against the use of the medicine.It is better to avoid and consult with your doctor thoroughly if being prescribed for this medicine.
Can this medicine be given to Children and Infants ?
NOT AT ALL, this medicine is not meant to be given to children and infants, under any circumstances. It can have harmful effects and can be dangerous too. Please consult with your doctor for better understanding about this drug.
Is Normoz available as over the counter (OTC) product?
No, Normoz is not available as an over the counter or OTC product. It is a prescription drug. When being prescribed ,please consult with the doctor regarding correct dosage, timing and duration of use of this medicine.
Frequently asked questions
Can alcohol be consumed when prescribed with this medicine?
No, alcohol should be avoided by all means when prescribed with this medicine.
What if i happen to miss a dose?
You can take it if the time is not close for the next dose. Don’t take double dose in any case. Its always better to consult your doctor in such cases in order to avoid any bad or harmful effects.
Is the risk of miscarriage associated with this drug?
No,this combination has no risk of miscarriage.
How to store this medicine?
This medicine has to be stored in a cool and dry place at room temperature ( below 25 degree Celsius), away from the reach of children. Also, discard the medicine post its expiry date.
What are its contraindications?
Its contraindications are proof of Vitamin D toxicity, and an elevated level of calcium in the blood called as hypercalcaemia.
You might find this article interesting How To Get Rid Of A Cough – Home Remedies, Causes & More