Olive oil is known as an “ancient beauty secret” because it has apparently been used as an anti-aging serum for thousands of years. Because of the antioxidant ingredients in olive oil one’s skin cells are repaired and damage to the cells is prevented. Using olive oil on the skin can be extremely beneficial for slowing down and diminishing wrinkles.
Lavender Essential Oil is an excellent oil for anti-aging skin care. Olive Oil and Lavender together work really well to diminish and prevent wrinkles. If you have scars from pimples, the lavender oil while help them heal more quickly as well. And, if you have a sunburn using this will help it heal it a lot more quickly. Lavender is very soothing and balancing. This makes it a good all-around oil to use because it will calm you if you are hyper or stressed and wake you up and invigorate you when you are tired or feeling down.
Take 15ml of Extra Virgin Olive oil into a bowl, add 3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil mix it well and massage your face with it. The direction of the facial massage should follow the arrows in the above mentioned diagram. Massage for 5 minutes, leave it on for 15- 30 minutes and then wash it off.
Olive oil concoctions to treat wrinkles for different skin types-Olive oil has been used by beauty enthusiasts for very long because of the effective results that it gives. If the early signs of aging are making you feel self-conscious then use olive oil every night instead of your regular eye cream to see crows feet and dark circles disappearing in no time.
- If you have dry skin then add a little bit of rosemary essential oil and apply it on your under eye area every night before going to bed.
- If you have oily skin then mix a few drops of aloe vera gel with olive oil and apply it all over your face and go to bed. You will wake up to baby-soft skin the next morning.
- If you have sensitive skin, then mix a few drops of tea tree essential oil with olive oil and apply it on your under eye area before going to bed.
However, make sure you use extra virgin olive oil and be persistent as these treatments need some time to show results, it won’t change the texture of your skin overnight.
Olive oil face packs for different skin types to treat wrinkles-You can also use olive oil in certain face masks if you do not want to slather on a thick layer of this oil on your face.
- If you have oily skin then take fresh basil leaf paste, about 2 teaspoons and add a tablespoon each of Multani mitti, rosewater and half a teaspoon of olive oil in a container. Mix it well and apply it on cleansed skin, keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
- If you have dry skin, then use organic rose petal powder, about 1 teaspoon with half a teaspoon of olive oil and apply this paste on your undereye area. Keep it on for 10 minutes and wash off with normal water.
Repeat the processes depending on your skin type once in a month to get the best results.
Furthermore, olive oil can be combined with a whole host of natural ingredients which join forces with the benefits of olive oil to provide your skin with a treatment which will elevate its health and condition along with helping prevent and heal premature wrinkles on the skin. Some of such face masks and pack are detailed below:
Olive oil and egg face mask for dry skin
- Olive oil: 1/2 tbsp
- Egg yolk: from one egg
- Flour: 1 tbsp
- First of all, crack open an egg and separate the yolk from the white and take that in a mixing bowl.
- Then, add in the other ingredients into the bowl and mix all the ingredients together thoroughly. You can adjust the consistency of the mask by adding in a bit more olive oil.
- After that, apply the mask over your face using gentle massaging motions.
- Lastly, let the mask stay on your face for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off using cool water and you are done!
Egg yolk is packed with essential proteins which are crucial to the skin for the regeneration and rejuvenation of the skin. Thus, this mask is great for healing premature aging and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Olive oil and Avocado Hydrating face mask
- Olive oil: 1 tsp
- Avocado: half of a fresh ripe one
- Honey: 1 tsp
- First of all, take a mixing bowl and extract half of the meat of ripe avocado in it.
- Then, mash it up using a fork to obtain a sort of a paste or pulp.
- After that, add in the other ingredients too and combine them all together thoroughly by mixing them together.
- Then, apply it onto your face in a thin layer using your fingers or a brush or whatever method you prefer.
- Lastly, let the mask sit on your face for about 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off or wiping it off using a damp towel. You are done!
Avocado is packed with various fatty acids, antioxidants, and natural oils which nourish the skin very well and protect it from signs of premature aging. This mask also helps hydrate the skin quite well and further even helps to keep the skin moisturized for longer. This way, your skin will stay healthier and will be able to fight off a variety of skin issues by itself.
Olive oil and clay face mask for oily skin
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Fine clay: 2 tbsp
- Water: as needed
- First of all, mix the two ingredients together in a mixing bowl and add some water until you can obtain a smooth consistency of a paste.
- After that, apply the resultant mixture all over your face using gentle massaging motions.
- Lastly, leave the mask on your skin for about 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off and finish with a moisturizer and you are done!
Clay helps exfoliate the skin quite well by removing impurities from the skin while absorbing any excess sebum and other oils on the skin. That combined with olive oil make this an effective remedy to cleanse the skin and then nourish it to help keep it young and supple.
You might find this article interesting Antioxidant Rich Foods