How to make the Onion and Lemon Mixture?
- Take ½ cup of onion juice.
- Add ½ cup of lemon juice to it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil.
- Mix well.
- Mix ½ cup of henna powder with ½ cup of milk.
- Add 1/4th cup of black tea.
- Add in 3 tablespoons of amla powder and stir well until you get a smooth paste.
- Now add the onion and lemon mixture prepared.
- Mix well.
- Cover the vessel with a lid and leave the mixture undisturbed for 5-6 hours.
- After this, stir the mixture again.
- Apply some petroleum jelly to the outer skin of your face or your hairline.
- Section your hair and apply the henna paste evenly using a hair color brush or your fingers. If you are applying the color using fingers, make sure you wear plastic gloves.
- Wrap your hair in a bun and cover with a shower cap.
- Let the mask stay for at least 3-4 hours.
- Wash the paste off with normal water.
- Shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
- Use this remedy twice every month after an interval of 15 days.
- Add ½ cup of coconut oil and 1 diced avocado into a blender and blend on high speed for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and lemon mixture prepared and blend for another 1 minute.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and massage well for 10 minutes.
- Tie your hair in a bun and allow the mask to penetrate for 1 hour.
- Wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo.
- Do this remedy two times a week.
- Add ½ cup of curry leaves to 1 cup of coconut oil and allow the oil to come to a boil.
- Once the oil starts boiling, turn off the heat.
- Let the coconut oil cool down completely.
- Strain the oil and apply on the scalp.
- Apply the onion and lemon mixture on your scalp and massage well for a few minutes.
- Let the oil stay in the hair for at least 1 hour.
- Shampoo and condition hair as usual.
- Repeat this remedy once a week.
- Take ½ cup of beetroot.
- Add 2 tablespoons of amla powder to it.
- Add 2 tablespoons of shikakai powder to it.
- Add the onion and lemon mixture prepared.
- Blend on high speed for 1 minute.
- Apply the paste on damp hair.
- Let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with plain water first.
- Shampoo and condition your hair with a clarifying shampoo.
- Do this remedy once a week.
How these help:
All the ingredients used in these hair masks are excellent for preventing premature grey hair. Lemon juice helps in adding the much needed vitamin C to the hair and also makes them shiny. Onion juice contains several enzymes which help in increasing the pigment production in the hair and preventing grey hair. Henna powder has natural hair colo0uring pigments. Amla powder helps in preventing hair fall.
Beetroots are also composed of natural pigment that not only color the hair but also helps in hair growth. For using these remedies, you can add a teaspoon of fragrant essential oils in order to masks the smell of onions.
You must shampoo your hair thoroughly in order to get rid of the onion smell as well. Since onions have a pungent smell, make sure you do not leave in the hair mask for a long time.
You might find this article interesting Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil Massage to Prevent Grey Hair