Papaya is very good for skin and health but it is also good for hair too. According to hair care professionals, the benefits of papaya for hair can be gained by eating the fruit regularly or by the regular use of hair care products containing papaya as its major ingredients. So, let me help you with whipping up some of the most effective papaya hair mask recipes. All the ingredients used to prepare the hair masks are 100% organic and completely safe to be used on your scalp.
Using papaya as a hair mask can result in thick, strong, shiny and healthy hair.
How to prepare a papaya hair mask
If you are suffering from hair fall, then consider using this hair mask at least once or twice a month to see a visible improvement in your receding hairline.
- 1 cup diced ripe papaya
- 1 cup diced ripe banana
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- Blend all the ingredients together thoroughly. Take care that no chunks remain after blending.
- Apply to damp hair.
- Cover with a plastic cap or shower cap.
- Allow it to stand for half an hour.
- Now wrap a towel around your cap to generate heat.
- Again leave it for another half an hour.
- Now wash your hair in your regular way.
- It is optional to add your favorite deep conditioner to this recipe to get super soft hairs.
Use this hair mask twice a week and you are good to go.
How to prepare a papaya-olive oil deep conditioning hair mask
Don’t feel like using a conditioner on chilly days? Use this hair mask and ditch the conditioner if you are too lazy and the results won’t disappoint you.
- Ripe papaya: 1/2
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1/2 cup
- Mash the ripe papaya with the help of a blender or just use a fork to serve your purpose.
- Break all the lumps properly.
- Then add the specified amount of extra virgin olive oil in it.
- Whip it up nicely and your hair mask is ready.
- Comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb to make sure that it is completely detangled.
- Then divide your hair into small sections.
- Put on a pair of gloves.
- Apply a generous amount of this hair mask on each section of your hair with a hair-dye brush.
- Wear a shower cap to avoid this hair mask from dripping.
- Let it stay for about 45 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with your regular shampoo.
- Follow up with a regular hair conditioner.
- Squeeze out the excess water from your tresses.
- Wrap your hair with a cotton t-shirt for a while and let it soak up all the excess water.
- Apply your hair serum.
- Then blow-dry or air-dry your hair as per your own choice.
- Style our hair the way you like it the most.
- If you seldom manage to make time for yourself then use it just once in a week and you are good to go.
How to prepare papaya-coconut milk hair mask for soft and nourished tresses
Who does not like soft, shiny and smooth hair, believe me, it is just a hair mask away.
- Ripe papaya, finely diced – ½ cup
- Coconut milk – ¼ cup
- Manuka honey – 1 teaspoon
- Add the diced papaya into a blender.
- Blend it into a smooth paste.
- Add coconut milk in the mixture.
- Give it a good stir to make sure that everything gets mixed up well.
- That’s it, your hair mask is ready.
- Before using this hair mask, make sure that your tresses are completely detangled or use a detangler comb if necessary.
- Then you have to divide your hair into small sections to make sure that product gets distributed evenly all over your hair.
- Fill an empty spray can with some water and spritz it on your tresses to make sure that they are damp before using this hair mask.
- Put on a pair of gloves if you don’t want your hands to get smeared with this hair mask.
- Then apply a generous amount of this hair mask on each section of your hair with the help of a hair color applicator.
- Tie your hair in a top-knot bun if you want to.
- Put on a shower cap to avoid any mess.
- Let this hair mask sit for 30 minutes at least.
- Then rinse it off with your regular shampoo.
- Next up, use a nourishing hair conditioner.
- Then wash your hair and wrap it up in a cotton t-shirt.
- After a while, let your hair loose and slather on some hair serum.
- Let it air dry on its own.
- Then style your hair the way you like it the most.
- To get the best results, use this hair mask twice a week.
How to make a papaya-aloe vera hair mask
- Ripe papaya: 1
- Aloe vera: pulp from 1 aloe vera leaf
- Wash, peel and cut the half papaya into small pieces.
- Run it through a blender to get a smooth paste.
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf.
- Scoop out the slimy gel.
- Grind it into a smooth paste in with the help of a blender.
- Then mix both the ingredients together until you achieve a hair mask with a smooth and slimy texture.
- Use a detangler comb to detangle your hair before using this hair mask.
- Then, divide your hair into small sections.
- Apply this hair mask evenly in each section of your hair properly.
- Put on a shower cap to avoid this hair mask from dripping and staining your outfit.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and work wonders for your hair.
- Then use your regular shampoo to rinse it off.
- Follow up with an oxygen boost hair conditioner.
- Then wash your hair properly to make sure that there is no excess product build-up left on your hair.
- Wrap your tresses in a cotton t-shirt and let it soak up the excess water.
- Apply hair serum and then blow-dry your hair properly.
- Style your hair the way you like it the most.
- To get the best results, you have to use this hair mask at least twice a week.