Below there are some home remedies to remove your underarms hair. If you follow these remedies regularly, you will get rid of these unwanted hair permanently.
Ancient women have used turmeric for loosening hair follicles, which will enable easy hair removal, which is painless yet quite permanent. To imitate this heritage, you will need:
- ½ cup turmeric powder
- Rosewater—can be replaced with plain milk
- Warm water
- A towel
Follow these instructions to do hair removal using turmeric paste:
- Add all the ingredients to make a thick turmeric paste.
- Apply the well-stirred paste onto the underarm hair—works best with thinner underarm hair, and leave it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash off with the towel which has been soaked into warm water.
- Pat dry and repeat the treatment to loosen hair follicles and thus, remove the hair.
Honey Lemon Hair Remover
Honey has been used for various facial treatment. This natural ingredient is useful for removing unwanted hair if applied regularly. to make the mixture, you will need:
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 3 drops lemon juice
- Warm water
- A towel
The instructions are as follow:
- Mix the honey and lemon juice and stir well.
- Apply the mixture onto the desired underarm areas.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water or wash it off using a damp towel.
- Pat dry and repeat the treatment 2-3 times a week for continuous 4 weeks to remove the hair permanently.
Homemade sugar wax
This is a natural remedy for more-permanent hair removal. Waxing in the salon cost a lot of money, and this can be an alternative which is more pocket-friendly. Some ingredients in your kitchen below will make this low-cost yet effective sugar wax:
- 3 cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
To prepare the wax, here are the instructions:
- Put sugar in a pan and pour the water into it.
- Cook the mixture until the entire sugar dissolves, creating brown caramel color.
- Add the lemon juice and keep stirring the mixture until you get waxy solution. This will take approximately 20 minutes.
- Pour the wax into a heat-resistant and let it cool down.
To apply the wax, use these method:
- Wash the targeted area with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Spread the wax onto the targeted area in the direction of hair growth using a spatula.
- Put a cotton cloth or waxing strip on the applied wax and press it tenderly.
- Remove the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth. Do this real quick to minimize the pain and maximize the effect on treated areas.
- Apply gentle moisturizer onto the treated area to soothe it. A natural aloe vera will be better in calming the skin pores.
Gelatin peel-off hair remover
This method has a similar principles with sugar waxing. However, gelatin peel-off mask cause less pain than sugar waxing. Some required ingredients include:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cucumber
- Plain-flavored gelatin
- 1 green tea bag
- ¼ aloe vera gel
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
Prepare the peel-off mask following these instructions:
- Ground the cucumber with a food processor and strain the juice.
- Brew green tea in a separated bowl.
- Add gelatin, cucumber juice, and aloe vera gel to the tea and stir well until gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Let it sit to cool down.
To apply the mask, use these instructions:
- Clean the areas to treat with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply the gelatin mask to the underarms—it is better to do apply it to each underarm at one time, and keep it elevated for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Peel the mask once dry and apply moisturizer to the treated area.
Sugaring has been one of the most popular method for removing unwanted hair. It can be done at home easily and gives much better effects on your skin compared to waxing. Sugaring is aimed at the skin cells and thus, will not reduce the skin elasticity even though done frequently. To make the paste, you need:
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
To make the paste, do these steps:
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and put it on small flame to simmer.
- Do this for 25 minutes to make sure the mixture has a right consistency and is not too sticky.
- After 25 minutes, the mixture will turn into a dark amber color. Remove from heat and let it cool.
To do the sugaring, here are the directions:
- Clean skin thoroughly.
- Apply a light dusting of baby sugar to make sure the paste grasp the hair tightly and does not stick to the skin too much.
- Take out a scoop of the paste with your hand.
- Roll the paste into a ball using light pressing with your bare hands.
- Apply the paste on to the targeted skin on the opposite direction of hair growth firmly, allowing it to spread.
- Peel the sugaring paste off following the direction of hair growth. It is important because otherwise you are going to break the follicles, causing shorter period of effect.
- If some hair is missed, the sugaring paste can be applied on the same area for once or twice, but not more than that. The paste ball can also be re-rolled and thus, re-applied a couple times before disposed.
You might find this article interesting Facial Waxing – Pros & Cons | Side Effects | Precautions