I know, most of us do not apply body lotion just because they give an oily feeling. I have already told you that to moisturize our skin is very important after a bath because soap will pull natural oil from our skin pores and if we do not moisturize the skin, it will get dried out externally, they will become so dry.
DIY Grapeseed oil body lotion recipe
- You can make your own non-greasy hand product with a few items in your home.
- Apply this body lotion daily to keep the skin supple and soft without a slippery, oily feeling.
- Combine ¾ cup of grated beeswax and ½ cup of almond or grapeseed oil into a double boiler.
- Turn the heat on low and allow the beeswax to melt.
- Pour the 1 cup of aloe vera into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add 10 drops of essential oil and 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil to the mixture.
- Leave the essential oil out if you do not want the fragrance.
- Stir the ingredients together in the bowl with a metal spoon.
- Add the melted beeswax and oil mixture into a blender and let the mixture set to cool.
- The melted oils should come to room temperature before blending to avoid separation.
DIY Coconut oil body lotion recipe
We all know that we generally use beeswax as a base for making a creamy lotion at home.
But, if it is not available to you and you want to use something else then try out this homemade body butter this season to get soft, smooth and glowing skin.
- To prepare this body butter, pour 1 cup of extra virgin coconut oil in a container.
- Take a cup of paraffin wax.
- Alternatively, you can also grate a scented candle instead of paraffin wax to make your own body lotion.
- Now transfer these ingredients in a container and melt it using the double-boiler method.
- You can also microwave it to make sure these ingredients infuse into each other.
- Then add a heaped tablespoon of petroleum jelly in it and stir it well.
- At last, add a few drops of orange essential oil in this concoction and give it a good stir.
- After that, let it sit for a while and wait until it solidifies a little bit.
- Then transfer the contents in an airtight container.
- Use it right after taking a shower to get soft, smooth and glowing skin without using harsh, chemical-infused products on your skin.
DIY Calamine body lotion recipe
If you want instant skin whitening and brightening effect use this body lotion every day.
- To make your own body lotion you need to keep calamine powder, a few teaspoons of cornstarch powder and a coconut handy.
- At first, you need to break the coconut.
- Cut it into small pieces.
- Put it in a blender along with a cup of water and blend it into a smooth paste.
- After that, you have to extract the coconut milk from this mixture with the help of a strainer or a cheesecloth.
- Then take a pan, pour coconut milk in it and bring it to boil.
- When it warms up a little, add a tablespoon of cornstarch and mix it well.
- Let it cook for a minute or two and keep stirring it in the meantime.
- When the texture of the mixture thickens up a little, then, turn off the flame and add the last ingredient.
- Add around 2-3 teaspoons of yellow calamine powder in the mixture.
- Give it a good stir to make sure that everything gets mixed up well.
- That’s it your body lotion is ready.
- When it cools down completely, transfer the contents in an airtight container.
- Use it every day after taking a hot shower to lock in the nourishment.
DIY Basic body lotion recipe
This is a basic body with a few ingredients that you can easily find in the kitchen.
- Keep 75 grams of water, 2 grams of manuka honey, 5 grams of shea butter, 14grams of safflower oil, and a quarter cup of emulsifying wax handy.
- Add honey in purified water, mix it well and set it aside for a while.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a separate container.
- Use the double boiler process to melt everything.
- Once everything melts, add water and honey concoction to the other container containing all the other ingredients.
- Now mix everything well and set it aside for a while so that sets well.
- Once it cools down, transfer the contents in an airtight container.
- Use it every day whenever your skin feels dried out.
DIY Rose body lotion recipe
- Take around 360 grams extra virgin coconut oil and use the double boiler method to melt it completely.
- Add 60 grams of jojoba oil in it and stir it to ensure that it gets mixed up well.
- After that add 15 grams of cornstarch in this mixture, followed by a few drops of alkanet root infused oil.
- Whisk it again until the mixture changes into a rosegold color concoction.
- Let it sit for a while.
- Finally, add in a few drops of pomegranate-rose and a lavender essential oils to add a beautiful scent to this body lotion.
- Mix everything well and transfer the contents in an air-tight container.
- Use it every day after taking a shower to get the best results.
- This is an extremely simple recipe that you can try at home to moisturize your skin without using too many harsh chemicals on your skin at once.
DIY Aloe vera body lotion recipe
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel followed by 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 10 tablespoons of steam distilled rose water, pop out the contents of 2 vitamin E capsules, a tablespoon of manuka honey, and a tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil in it.
- After that, give it a good stir to make sure that everything gets mixed up well.
- You can add a pinch of turmeric powder in this mixture if you want to.
- You can use this body lotion every day after taking a hot shower to get the best results.