High humidity and cold air could lead to static electricity and because of this baby hairs stand up like crazy. They give an uneven look and spoil the overall appearance. Hence, you must put in efforts to settle them and look your best.
It doesn’t look good at all. But don’t worry this is not a major blunder and there are a lot of ways to take care of flyaway hair, luckily, and most of these are quick fixes that take no more than a few couples of minutes.
Use anti-static brush
- One of the major causes of flyaway hair is the static you get from the friction of brushing your hair.
- Drop by the nearest beauty supply shop and get yourself an anti-static brush.
- True to its name, brushes like these eliminate static and prevent your hair from standing up as if you saw a horrifying ghost.
- Avoid plastic combs. Plastic combs only make your hair stand.
Use static guard if you don’t wanna change your brush
- If you’re having trouble finding a good anti-static brush or if you simply prefer to stick with your regular hairbrush, use Static Guard instead.
- Just spritz on a little bit on your hair before you start brushing it and you’ll be able to avoid flyaway hairs due to static.
- You can also spray this on your bonnets, beanies, scarves and other things that come in contact with your hair and produces static.
- Use a little bit of static guard at a time as it can make your hair greasy and limp.
You can use a toothbrush to comb baby flyaway hair
- Lightly mist a toothbrush with some hair spray and slick back flyaway hair.
- You can also use a serum instead of hairspray.
Never use a brush on wet hair
- Brushes will break your hair when wet, leaving little fly-aways.
- When you are first out of the shower, comb it, then when you start to blowdry, use just your fingers and dry the roots all around your head first.
- Your hair will dry so much faster and you’ll have the heat on your hair for less time.
- Only use a brush during the last few minutes to smooth it out.
Use hair accessories
- If your hair is growing, we are sure there are some sections that can be very annoying.
- We mean you have new hair on all sides, and now it looks all bad.
- You don’t want to cut it off because it’s hair after all.
- So what do you do? Simple! Just pin it up! Buy a fresh set of bobby pins and push back all those bothersome tresses that are annoying you.
- Problem solved right there!
Take care of your hair
- The most important thing you need to do, in this case, is taking good care of your hair.
- And by that, we are not just talking about using the best shampoos and conditioners, but also about improving the overall health of your hair.
- Drink more water, eat more fruits and veggies and use a nice hair mask at least twice a week.
- Also, find those hair products that suit your hair.
- A good conditioner will not just moisturize your hair but also prevent flyaways.
Use a hair fixing spray to fix baby hair
- After combing your hair, spritz on some hair fixing spray.
- Comb it again, it will prevent your baby hair from flying.
- You can use this remedy every day if you find a fixing spray that suits your hair type.
Do not use the heating styling tools too often
- Heat styling tools have adverse effects on your hair.
- Many times, we end up applying excess heat and that turns our tresses rough.
- Stop using them often and let your hair be the way it is.
Never use a thick towel to dry your hair
- If you are still using those thick and old towels then give it a second thought.
- Its time to throw them away and use old cotton t-shirts instead of that.
- If you want to dry your hair, then squeeze out the excess water and then cover it up with an old cotton t-shirt.
- Alternatively. you can use a blow-dryer or air dry your hair naturally after that.
A hair serum shall be your holy grail
- If you want to tame flyaway hair.
- Then use a hair serum.
- It will lock in the moisture and the nourishment from your conditioner.
- Just apply a tad bit of this magical concoction on your hair strands and you are good to go.
- Comb your hair after using this hair serum so that your hair stays free from tangles and you can prevent hair loss and breakage.
- Chose a hair serum accordingly, if you have colored your hair then opt for a hair serum that ideally meant to protect your hair color from fading away.
Twist your hair in a braid
- If you have long hair then you may come across tough times when it is very difficult to manage your hair.
- You must tie it up in a braid to make your hair more manageable.
- If you keep your hair tied it will reduce dust accumulation.
- It will prevent tangles from forming and help you to prevent hair breakage and hair fall in the long run.
- However, make it a point that you do not sleep with braids on or else it will lead to more hair loss and breakage.
Use a hair conditioner
- Hair conditioners are supposed to moisturize your tresses.
- Use a hair conditioner starting from the middle shaft to the tip of your hair to keep it healthy and prevent hair fall.
- Never ever apply conditioner on the scalp of your hair for it will lead to more hair-fall.
- Use a hair conditioner every time after applying shampoo to make sure that your hair looks the best all day long.
- Read through the labels before purchasing a hair conditioner.
- Try to use a product that is free from parabens and sulphated to keep your hair problem-free.
You might find this article interesting How To Use Conditioner