Everyone wishes to have a beautiful glowing skin. But, only a few have achieved the glowing skin. Remaining people have no time in their busy schedule to take care of their beauty. without proper care, our skin may be damaged by sunrays, pollutants, and chemicals etc. Hence it leads to dark and uneven skin tone. Here is a simple natural ingredient which makes wonders on your skin. It costs very less and almost found in every kitchen. Potato has a bundle of benefits for the skin. You can easily try the natural facial with potato by sitting at home. With this raw potato facial, you can get a clear and glowing skin.
Now let us look into the step by step guidelines for the raw potato facial.
This is the first step in the facial. Cleansing removes the dirt, excess oil, makeup, and dead skin cells from the skin. It will clear up the pores and keeps the skin fresh.
POTATO AND CUCUMBER CLEANSING
- Raw potato – 1/2 cup
- Cucumber – 1/4 cup
- Take 1/2 cup of chopped potato in a bowl.
- To this add 1/4 cup of cucumber slices.
- Do not peel off the ingredients skin because they contain nourishing ingredients for skin.
- Blend the ingredients to form a fine paste.
- Apply it to the face evenly.
- Gently massage it for 5 minutes with your fingertips.
- Rinse off your face with water.
Cucumber is a power-packed ingredient which is very effective for the skin. It contains antioxidants, vitamins and several other properties which helps in cleansing the skin. It also keeps the skin moist.
This is one of the very essential steps in the facial. Scrubbing helps in the removal of dead skin cells and gives a clear and glowing skin. Scrubbing also removes the blackheads, whiteheads, dark spots and acne scars effectively. It also helps the other creams to act on the skin easily.
POTATO AND SUGAR SCRUB
- Potato – 1
- Sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Green tea infused coconut oil – 3 tablespoons
- Rice powder – 2 tablespoons
- Take one medium-sized potato and peel off its skin.
- Wash the potato and cut it into slices.
- Blend the potato into a fine paste.
- To this paste, add 3 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of green tea infused coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of rice powder.
- Combine the components thoroughly.
- Apply the scrub on the face evenly.
- Gently massage it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
Sugar acts as a great exfoliator which removes impurities from the skin. It also locks the moisture in the skin and treats the aging of the skin.
Steaming helps in opening up of the clogged pores. Hence, dirt particles in the pores can be easily cleaned off. It improves the blood circulation in the face thereby giving a relaxing effect to the skin.
- Boil a few cups of water in a vessel.
- Place the vessel in a proper position.
- Hold your face over the steaming water with proper distance for 10 minutes.
- Let your skin absorb the steam. So that, all the pores will be opened.
- Wash off your face with normal water.
Next, a face pack should be applied. This face mask improves the entire skin texture. It provides in-depth cleansing of pores by removing all the impurities accumulated in it. It also stimulates the blood circulation and improves the skin tone.
POTATO AND LEMON FACE MASK
- Potato juice – 2 teaspoons
- Lemon juice – 2 teaspoons
- Honey – 1/2 teaspoon
- Take one fresh potato and peel off its skin.
- Cut it into slices and blend it well.
- Extract the juice by using a filter.
- Transfer 2 teaspoons of juice into a clean bowl.
- To this, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoons of honey.
- Combine the components thoroughly.
- Apply the pack to your face and neck.
- Permit it to stay for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with water and pat dry the skin.
Lemon juice contains citric acid with the astringent property. Hence it helps in removing the impurities from the pores and makes the skin even. Honey locks the moisture in the skin and keeps it hydrated.
NOTE: If you have a sensitive skin, dilute the lemon juice as it causes mild irritation.
FACE PACK FOR OILY SKIN
- Potato – 3
- Milk – 2 tablespoons
- Oatmeal – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Take 3 fresh potatoes and peel off its skin.
- Mash the potato by using a spoon in a bowl.
- To this, add 2 tablespoons of milk, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix the components thoroughly until you get a paste-like consistency.
- Apply the paste to your face evenly.
- Permit it to stay for about 30 minutes.
- Wash off your face with lukewarm water.
Oatmeal absorbs the excess oil present in the skin. It also maintains the oil levels of the skin and keeps it moisturized.
NOURISHMENT AND MOISTURIZATION
- As a final step, apply your regular moisturizer over the face and neck.
- Permit it to stay for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off your face with cold water.
- Pat dry the skin with a soft towel.
- This process always keeps the skin nourished and moisturized.
That’s all, potato facial is done. Try this facial to improve the skin tone and circulation of blood. This potato facial will cleanse your face completely and rejuvenate the skin.
BENEFITS OF POTATO
Potato contains vitamin C which reduces the signs of aging. Vitamin C helps in the production of collagen which gives flexibility and stiffness to skin thereby controlling the wrinkles.
Fades away dark spots
Potato contains catecholase enzyme. Hence, it removes the impurities and excess oil from the skin and helps in the lightening of the skin. It also effectively removes pimples and scars.
Potato is very effective in treating sunburns because it contains starch which soothes the sunburns.
Potato acts as a mild bleaching agent and effectively reduces the melanin pigment production to exclude the tan.
Reduces the acne
Raw potato contains antioxidants which are very effective in fighting against free radicals that damage the skin. Hence, it always protects the pores from clogging and prevents acne.
Moisturizes the skin
Potato contains potassium which is very effective in treating the skin. Its astringent property maintains the pH levels of the skin.