If you want to reduce fat from legs, there’s no one exercise or food that specifically helps you lose weight from this area. You have to burn more calories to reduce fat from legs.
Choose cardio exercise
Choose a cardio exercise that burns more calories like biking, running, and jumping rope. If you really want to see results, do 60 minutes session five times in a week.
While doing exercise, your heart rate should be higher only then you’ll burn more calories. It’s very good to avoid lift and use stairs, inclined planes also target the thighs, hamstrings, and tush, toning your lower body.
Breakfast is very important
The first meal of the day is very important to start your metabolism, which helps to reduce your overall body fat to reveal your leaner legs.
Pass on sugary meals with refined carbs, and opt for a combo of protein and fiber-filled complex carbs. The protein will give you energy so you’ll feel pumped for that early-morning cardio workout. As an added bonus, it also helps build muscle. The carbs will sustain that energy and keep you feeling full.
Eat regularly and record them
Eat something every two hours. Keep it under 150 calories, and choose foods high in protein and fiber to fill you up and offer energy.
Exercises are done to burn calories but it is also important to record calorie taken by you during the day. So whenever you are taking something, record it
Drink more water to keep yourself hydrated
Choose water every time you reach for a drink, and you’ll save hundreds of calories by avoiding sodas, fruit juices, and other sweetened beverages. Aside from being zero calories, H2O will keep you hydrated, which also helps with weight loss.
Before every meal drink 1 glass of water
Take a good sleep
Having a good night’s sleep is extremely important for all areas of your health and wellness. This process ensures that your each and every part of your body is well-rested and rejuvenated so that it can perform its function at a 100% level and keep you healthy and in shape. Thus, if you get ample rest, it will be much easier to maintain your weight, lose any excess weight, and just about do anything in life.
Manage your consumption of Salt
If your body has excessive salt in it then it becomes liable to retain more water as a weight. This causes bloating and also increases your weight. So, try to limit your sodium intake to a healthy and balanced amount. To achieve that, cut back on eating too much salty food, processed food, etc.
Consume More Electrolytes
Electrolytes in the body are like an antidote to sodium. These are nutrients which are essential for the proper functioning of the body and gives your body energy to do stuff. Some great electrolytes to consume regularly are calcium, magnesium, and potassium and you can get these from eating tons of leafy veggies and fruits. Eat a banana, yogurt, etc to harness some electrolytes for your body.
Exercises that target your thighs
You can certainly perform exercises which specifically target the thighs as that will help burn fat off of them and make them stronger by building muscles there. You can include exercises like squats and lunges to target your thighs and burn fat off from there. Exercises which give your whole body a decent workout are also quite effective in reducing the fat stores from the body like from the thighs. Regularly indulging in full-body exercises like cycling or swimming could be quite effective. You can also get into a sport which exerts your body to get a workout in a fun but effective way. Also, strive to walk to places whenever possible to squeeze in some extra efforts to lose the thigh fat.
The following are a few useful exercises which you can include in your routine to target your thighs and burn off fat from there.
- First of all, lie down on your back on a mat and hold up your head with your arms behind it.
- After that, also lift up your legs while keeping them straight.
- Then, move one leg upwards while the other downwards a bit and then reverse the motion to perform a scissoring movement with your legs.
- Lastly, perform this exercise for 15 reps to complete 1 set.
- First of all, lie down on your back on a mat or something, keep your hands straight at your sides. Your palms should be facing the floor.
- After that, lift up both of your legs about 30 degrees above the floor.
- lastly, hold the pose for about 5 seconds and then return back to the starting position. That is completing 1 rep, perform it 10 times for a nice and effective set.
- First of all, sit upright with your legs together and stretched in front of you.
- After that, move your legs apart from each other as much as you can.
- Then, take in a deep breath while stretching to touch your right foot toe with both of your hands. Your head should be as close to your knees as possible. Hold this pose for about 5 seconds.
- After that, exhale and release the pose to return slowly back to the original one.
- Lastly, do all this for the other leg to complete 1 rep. Perform 10 reps to get a nice set of thigh workout.
Apart from the exercises mentioned above, you can follow these tips and tricks to shed fat from your thunder thighs:
- Try playing an outdoor game for at least 60 minutes every day.
- Cycle to work, yes you read that right if you are unable to find time for exercising then utilize the time available at hand.
- Go for brisk walks.
- Join a Zumba class.
- Start swimming every day.
- Do stretching exercises every day at home
- Try taking the stairs instead of the lift or the elevator.
- Follow a strict low-carbohydrate diet for a month.
- Try doing yoga every day for at least two hours at home.
- Don’t take unnecessary stress.
- Keep your body hydrated.
- Cut out proteins from your diet.
- Do not consume sugar, milk chocolate, aerated or caffeinated drinks.
- Use a coffee scrub to keep cellulite at bay.
- Don’t wear body-hugging clothes that highlight your thighs.
- Try doing spot jumps.
- Jog twice a day, once in the early morning and once in the evening.
- Do muscle stretching and toning exercises at home.